Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Essay test the crucible

Essay test the crucible

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

Essay questions for the crucible | Sheridan County Chamber of

Essay test the crucible

Write my Paper for Cheap in High Quality -
The Crucible Essay Topics

bbc news coursework Maths Coursework Newspaper. Coursework in Mathematics MEI Coursework in essay test the crucible, Mathematics : MEI discussion paper page 1. Coursework in Mathematics . A discussion paper . October 2006. Write I Will Never? “GCSE coursework , excellent in the crucible, GCSE Homework | Toot Hill School GCSE students no longer have to complete Maths coursework tasks. Comparing 1984 And V? He chooses a passage from one newspaper and test the crucible one magazine . They each contain 100 New GCSE maths paper requires just 15 per cent for a pass 24 Aug 2017 The new GCSE maths paper has set its lowest ever pass marks, as included toughening up syllabuses and cutting down on coursework in research, a Investigations for GCSE Mathematics The changes to GCSE Mathematics place problem solving skills and essay the crucible functionality at the day i will never These investigations have all been drawn from OCR#039;s bank of coursework You may wish to use 5mm or 1cm squared paper to help you with this activity. BBC NEWS | UK | Education | Maths GCSE coursework is dropped 27 Sep 2006 Coursework for GCSE mathematics is to essay test, be axed, says Education Secretary Alan Johnson. BBC NEWS | UK | Education | Science and boys score in GCSEs 27 Aug 2009 Maths dropped its course work two years ago and van doren boys#039; maths scores said: Boys have overtaken girls at GCSE maths , coursework having GCSE grade boundaries 2017: Teachers face #039;incredible challenge 23 Aug 2017 Modules and the crucible most coursework has been scrapped, and exams are This year#039;s GCSE students took the essay for vendetta new exams in English, English literature and maths . Register here for our daily news email and breaking news alerts AQA | Mathematics | Administration | Coursework Tasks Coursework Tasks. A-level Mathematics (6360) and test the crucible A-level Statistics (6380) ( Coursework is optional – for each unit with coursework and a written paper , there Boys overtake girls in maths GCSE as coursework dropped 27 Aug 2009 The 20-year trend of essay and v for vendetta girls beating boys in exams could soon be reversed after a move to essay test the crucible, drop coursework in maths GCSEs allowed boys to assessment of mathematical behaviour: a social perspective Some implications for research into assessment practices in mathematics The paper published in the Journal of the London Mathematical Society must be a . of essay on being raise single teachers#039; assessment practices in the context of essay test GCSE coursework (Morgan, GCSE results: Boys bag top grades in maths | Education | The. Tv? 27 Aug 2009 Scrapping coursework for the maths GCSE helped boys outperform girls for essay the first time in a decade. GCSE results: biggest gap in essay comparing and v, 11 years between boys and girls A*-C 21 Aug 2014 The historical data lends more weight to the hypothesis, especially when you look at maths . When the coursework element of the exam was GCSEs: overhaul means results are #039;incomparable to previous years 24 Aug 2017 with little or no coursework counting towards final grades, and a new grading Last year only 1.1% of essay pupils obtained A*s in maths and both Statistics Sentence and Word Length Maths , Select Destination. The Independent newspaper was chosen, due to on advantages of watching tv, its ease of data collection from their well The data source was the same as that of a previous coursework looking at test newspaper readability (see: Newspaper GCSE results: Girls pull further ahead of boys | News Tes 25 Aug 2016 boys have more successful applicants in by a single, maths and in the sciences. She said: “Certainly removing the test the crucible coursework element in time should possibly yield that. Want to keep up with the latest education news and opinion?

Rewards of adult education research paper Ramarketing 1 day ago Rewards of adult education research paper . on papers role of maths in everyday life kc, wjec gcse history coursework help gamestop dissertation New content and structure changes to GCSE exams in 2017 | The 16 Feb 2016 According to editor of the the crucible education newspaper Schools Week, and mark van doren will see all subjects including English literature, maths , and history Newspaper articles RGU Harvard Referencing The Basics 26 Sep 2017 RGU Harvard Referencing The Basics: Newspaper articles Title of the newspaper in which the article was published (italics), Press and essay test the crucible Journal, databases for tv your subject area for essay material to support your coursework . report writing, presentation skills, maths (statistics, numeracy, SPSS), help with IT Computer Science and Mathematics BSc (Hons) Undergraduate Computer Science and Mathematics , BSc degree course at the School of For example, part of my coursework for one of write an essay the day i will my computing modules in Year Three QA: GCSE changes in essay test the crucible, England BBC News BBC.com away from coursework , the BBC News website answers some key questions. GCSE subjects English language and literature, maths , physics, chemistry, Research paper in essay on being parent, english 2 syllabus 19 hours ago Research paper in english 2 syllabus. presentation ppt line kklee maths t coursework stanford computer essay in english pdf online research. GCSE exams: Edexcel#039;s Steph Warren suspended after she#039;s caught. 9 Dec 2011 Another Edexcel official boasted about how easy the coursework was on one WJEC is also expected to be told to test, pulp its GCSE history paper . Grade inflation in A-levels is now so extreme that a B in maths today would be Coursework Timetables School of Mathematics The University of The lists also provide information on the date of which coursework marks are to be returned to students. This will normally be 15 working days after the Postgraduate taught student handbook University of essay raise parent Essex The Department and social media and the Maths Support Centre Coursework submission details (including FASer and essay the crucible deadlines) .. on Twitter for details of departmental events, the latest departmental news , job adverts, quizzes, and Homework Assignment Templates, Examples and Articles on Overleaf Portuguese Bibliography Handout International Languages TikZ Math University Tufte Quiz, Test, Exam Electronics Tutorial Physics Source Code Listing Contents From the editor It#039;s in the News ! The Interview – Mike Part of a mathematics subject leader#039;s role is engaging in discussions about . We were both heads of department developing the ATM-SEG 100% #039; coursework #039;.

GCSE Maths for 1984 and v for vendetta Adults Tower Hamlets College GCSE Maths for Adults On this course, you will study for 2 separate exams, a non-calculator paper and a There is no coursework for this qualification. Mathematics | University Library Students | Loughborough University This guide aims to provide you with information about the Library#039;s resources and services relevant to Mathematics . Use the tabs above to test, find information about:. How to Make Your Coursework as Good as It Can Possibly Be 22 Oct 2014 Coursework is a great way to hoover up as many marks as possible as you can to mark van doren essay, gather data: books, journals, newspapers , television, radio, GCSE results day 2017: A guide to essay, number grades, new English and mark van doren essay 16 Jul 2017 Those who score below four in English and maths will have to essay test the crucible, There are now more exams and less coursework . . Essay Comparing 1984 And V For Vendetta? They will have to essay test, learn and memorise them, whereas before it would have just been written on the paper . You must be logged in to essays on advantages and disadvantages, reply to this topic. CONTACTEZ-NOUS DES AUJOURD#039;HUI POUR VOTRE RENTREE SPORTIVE !

Custom Essay Order -
The Crucible Essay Questions | GradeSaver

How to Write a Personal Experience Essay With Sample Papers. VirginiaLynne has been a University English instructor for over 20 years. She specializes in helping people write essays faster and essay test easier. 1. What you need to raise by a single parent do to get a good grade. 2. How to explain the meaning of a memory. 3. How to choose a great topic. 4. Easy organizing strategies for fabulous essays.

Telling a vivid a story from your past. Explaining the significance of that story. Want a good grade on your essay? Instructors and essay the crucible testing agencies assign a lot of on advantages and disadvantages of watching tv personal experience type essays and so it is worth your time to know how to write one easily and essay effectively so that you get a top score. The reason these types of assignments are given so often is economics research that anyone can write about their own experience and essay it doesn't require any outside resources or research. However, even though anyone can tell a story about their life, that does not mean anyone can write a good essay about that experience. As a professor and teacher for 30 years, I've read thousands of mark van doren essay essays and can tell you there is a distinct difference from telling a story about yourself and test the crucible writing an excellent personal experience essay. The difference between good and great: Top essays paint a vivid picture of the experience so that the reader feels they are there. Great papers draw a unique meaning from the experience and explain it clearly. The best papers are well-organized.

This article tells you how to do all that! How to Find Significance of Memory. Writing an essay about a personal experience or relationship can be a powerful way of planning map both discovering the meaning of essay the crucible your own past and papers research sharing that past with others. When you write about the crucible something in i will never your past, you have two perspectives: your perspective in the present and the perspective you had at the time the event occurred. The space between these perspectives is usually where you will find significance in that event or relationship. Your perspective in the present.

Your perspective you had at the time the event occurred. The space between these perspectives is usually where you will find significance in that event or relationship. If the event or relationship is recent, you will be closer to the you that experienced the event. If the essay, event is more distant, you will often find yourself reflecting on an essay the day i will never the experience, your reactions and the meaning of the experience differently. Test The Crucible? As you write the essay, you will need to essay map decide if you want to talk about the experience as you see it now, or as you saw it then. Often, you may do both of essay test the crucible those things, or use your perspective now as the essay by a parent, conclusion. At the end of 8th grade, my best friend wrote me a note saying she never wanted to be my friend again. I was devastated, and terribly depressed all summer, terrified to start High School alone. Forty years later, I realize that that experience was probably what made me finally reach out to develop new friends. Those friends encouraged me to develop my life-long interest in speech, theater, and writing.

More importantly, that experience of rejection gave me a lifelong compassion for others. Any event from your past can be a good topic if it was important to you. You can use either a one-time event, a reoccurring event, a person, or a place. Brainstorm ideas by thinking about the following: A relationship with an important person like a grandparent or best friend.

A single encounter with someone that changed you. An event which was small but significant. A major, life changing event. Something that you did over and over that was meaningful to you. Essay The Crucible? Your experience and memories of a place that embodies who you are, or has meaning for you. How to Decide if You Have a Good Topic. To make sure you have a good topic, you need to determine what the meaning of that event or person was for mark, you. To help you get ideas about the essay, meaning and to decide whether this topic is a good choice, jot down some notes answering the following 5 questions: What did I think the meaning of the van doren, experience was when it happened?

How have my thoughts about it changed? What did I learn? How has my life direction been affected by this event? Is there something I would do differently if I could go back to essay test the crucible that experience? Any regrets? Why re-invent the wheel?

Use the following professional writing techniques to organize your personal essays. Essay Raise Single? These strategies aren't secret and they aren't hard. They are what you've seen over and over in books and movies. Now you need to use them yourself. This is the most obvious way to tell the story. You just tell it in the way it happened in the order it happened. Most of the essay test, other organizing techniques use this way to tell the main part of the story.

See Anne Dillard's Handed My Own Life for a good example of essays of watching chronological organization of a personal essay. Characteristics of essay this organization strategy: Tells story in the order that it happened. Tells story suspensefully--least important events leading to more important ones and finally coming to climax. Essay Mind? Explains meaning after climax or lets events show the meaning. For example, Dillard states her understanding in a series of test the crucible phrases, such as I was handed my own life, and my days were my own to plan and fill along with a lot of specific details of how she did that.

Of course, she also uses the economics papers research, title to explain her meaning. Expectations Unfulfilled Organization. Want an easy way to organize your essay? Try Expectations Unfulfilled. This organizing strategy works best when there is a contrast (either horrific, funny, or disappointing) between your expectations about the event and what actually happened. You can also do Expectations Fulfilled, but that is generally a weaker paper idea unless you have a situation where the reality clearly superseded all of essay your expectations. Rick Bragg's 100 Miles an Hour, Upside Down and van doren essay Sideways is a good example of this kind of essay organization. Characteristics of Expectations Unfulfilled:

Introduction vividly describes expectations for a particular event . Bragg talks about essay test the crucible how he was convinced that this V-8 convertible was going to fulfill all his desires. Maybe foreshadow the problem. Bragg's uncle warns him to be careful because That'un could kill you. Tell the story of what really happened (use chronological organization above). Bragg tells of race and comparing 1984 for vendetta accident which wrecked the essay, car and ruined it for economics papers research, speed. Describe the contrast between reality and expectations . Essay Test The Crucible? Bragg's memories of the crash are the radio still playing and being pulled out unscratched and of being famous not for having the best car, but for being the kid who survived a 100-mile crash. Reflection on experience.

You can do this by telling your reaction or using an ironic twist, as Bragg does. Bragg tells how his car was put back together but never the same (just as his ideas of speed, freedom, and fast cars have been wrecked in the accident). Conclude with irony. An ironic end can sometimes be a good conclusion for this sort of story. Braggs writes about how after his car gets rear-ended at the Piggly Wiggly supermarket he sells it in disgust to a preacher's kid who drove the speed limit. Using a frame story for the introduction and mark van doren essay conclusion should be familiar to you from essay test the crucible lots of movies.One good example of a story frame is UP. In this case, the movie opens with the frame of Carl looking at the scrapbook Ellie has made for him about their life and dreams, before flashing to the present story of Carl and Russell and their adventures. The movie returns to the frame at the end of the movie as Carl looks at planning map, the last page of the photobook Ellie has made for him. He learns that it was the journey of the relationship which was the real adventure.

Another kind of frame can be a flashback. Test? In this technique, you start in the middle of the action (or after it is over) and then flashback to an earlier memory. Planning Mind? The Notebook uses the story of a man spending time with his wife with Alzheimer's as the frame for his re-telling the story of essay test their romance. The advantage of using a frame is that it makes it easier for essay single parent, you to talk about the meaning of the story, especially if you use the present day to flashback to essay the crucible the past. Be sure the frame is not just random. There should be an essay raise by a single parent event, object, conversation, or situation which causes you to flash back in memory. Internal and External Conflicts Organization. With this technique, you organize your story around what is happening internally in your mind, versus what is happening in the event. Essay Test? Of course, like Expectations Unfulfilled this works best if there is a conflict between what is happening in your thoughts and what is happening in the situation. An example of this could be a wedding which seemed to be a joyous celebration but which was full of conflict for the bride who wondered whether she had made the right choice in marrying this man. Another example could be a birthday party where the birthday kid seemed to research be having fun but was inwardly devastated when her divorced parents acted coldly toward one another.

You can combine some of test these strategies together to planning map make your essay shine. A good example of this is the student essay by essay, Jean Brandt, Calling Home. Along with using a frame. Brandt also uses internal and external conflicts in her organization. Introduction: beginning frame story.

Brandt's essay has her ride to the mall. First conflict and resolution. Brandt has an internal conflict about whether she should steal and the resolution that she will. Second conflict and resolution . Brandt's second conflict is external when she is essays on advantages caught by the store owner and he calls the police. Test The Crucible? Third conflict and resolution . Brand's third conflict is both internal and external. She wonders how her parents will react. She is brought to the police station but not punished by write an essay the day i will forget, her parents. Essay The Crucible? She realizes that disappointing them and realizing she had made the wrong choice is worse than if they had punished her.

Conclusion: ending frame and expectations unfulfilled. Brandt ends in another car ride home, which parallels with the ride to the mall in the introduction. The twist is that not only was the mall trip not what she expected, she has disappointed the expectations of her parents too. Small Events Can make Good Essays. Brandt's essay illustrates how to take a single, small incident and turn it into an essay which explains how she learned something about herself. It is a coming of age essay. Essay On Being Raise By A? When thinking about your own essay topic, try to think about essay test moments in your life which were significant turning points. The event can be something small and doesn't have to be dramatic.

What is essay comparing 1984 important is how it affected you. Tips for essay the crucible, Chronological Organization. Most students will use this method, so if you want to make your essay stand out, you may want to try one of the other techniques. When you do use this method remember: Where's the essay 1984 and v for vendetta, Conflict? As you've probably learned in English class, good stories start with a conflict that is test either internal (inside yourself) or external (between you and someone else). Good stories show the raise parent, development of the conflict, the crisis (called a climax) and then the resolution of what happens afterward (either good or bad).

Make sure your story follows this pattern. Essay Test The Crucible? Don't add unnecessary details. You need to van doren essay clip the test the crucible, memory effectively. Imagine yourself as a film editor. What needs to planning mind map be in test the story? What can you leave out? Make details specific and interesting.

Make your descriptions of the on being single, setting, characters and action concrete and test the crucible specific. For example: Don't say, Maura was a beautiful but boring blonde bombshell. Say, Maura was a sleek, 5 foot 10, long-haired, blonde who never tired of essay for vendetta talking about her exotic vacations or newest boyfriend. Keep Boredom at Bay.

Tell enough detail like setting and character development that the reader is drawn into test the crucible, the story, but don't spend so much time in details that your reader gets bored. Action and Dialogue are Best. If you can, make sure most of your paper is either about something happening or someone talking. Essay Mind? Both action and essay test the crucible dialogue move the story along faster than description. Anne Dillard's. Sometimes, there is a particular object or repeated event which is the focus of the memory. You can use repetition around this object or event to effectively order your essay. And Disadvantages Of Watching Tv? On Being a Real Westerner by Tobias Wolff is a good example of test using a metaphor to organize. Characteristics of an essay i will this organization: Several memories relating to one object, person or emotion.

In Wolff's story these memories are related to his rifle: getting the rifle, his mother's objections, playing with the rifle, acting like a sniper, loading rifle, Vietnam comparison-power, killing squirrel, his mother's reaction to the death of the squirrel, his own reaction, and his continued fascination with rifle. The Crucible? Memories often chronological but also should be climactic , with the most important memory last. In Wolff's story, the climax is when he shoots the squirrel and has to deal with the reality of what owning and using a rifle really means, or what it really means to an essay the day i will never forget be a westerner. Tie these memories together with the main theme which would be the main point of test your essay. Wolff ties his memories together with the theme of power, the power of the the day never forget, rifle, how the hunger for test the crucible, power shaped him, and his powerlessness to change the past, a man can't help the boy.

Write About When You Got Out of Your Comfort Zone. Generally, it helps to keep the essay focused on one to never forget three important memories about that person. These memories can be specific events (best), or anecdotes about events which happened repeatedly. Essay Test The Crucible? Characteristics of essay comparing and v this sort of essay: 1. Vivid Portrait of Person. Dialogue (the reader can hear how this person talks). Describe a place which reflects the test, person (the reader can know about the interests of the person and picture them where you do). Person (describe what the essay and v for vendetta, person looks like). Pick memories which show the essay the crucible, person's character or reveal your relationship. Tell one time incidents: every essay should have 1-3 of these. Describe event in great detail, describing the scene, what happened, what people said, what you were feeling.

Explain recurring activities: you can have these also if you describe them vividly and make sure that they are not too general and essay map prove a point. Don't say, My mother always scolded me. Instead say: My mother always scolded me about my messy habits followed by an incident which describes how this affected your relationship. 3. Indication of the test the crucible, Person's Significance. Choose 1 or 2 main points to make: Trying to explain everything that person means to you is mark van doren essay too much to the crucible do in essay comparing and v for vendetta a short essay. All of your description and test all of your stories should be centered around proving these main points.

You can use some of the on being raise by a single parent, organizing strategies for event essays for people too. Here are some suggestions: I . Revelation/Expectations Reversed. Your usual judgment about the person. Analysis of personality/Physical description /some of background history. The revelation about them (story of essay test the crucible a particular moment when you saw this person from a different perspective). I I. Conflict and Resolution Organizing. The story of a conflict you have with this person. Analysis of personality/Physical description/background history.

The second story of conflict but this one resolves into a closer relationship. On Being Raise By A Parent? Third story--conflict leads to a lesson learned. Fourth story--a different conflict/ lesson learned is conveyed to others. III. Essay The Crucible? Comparison and Contrast.

Notice that both views are found in each paragraph or section. This paper is essay 1984 and v ordered thematically. Essay Test The Crucible? Another possibility is to talk about all the views of another person first, then talk about economics your views. Introduction: Description of the crucible person and mark van doren essay set-up of contrast between you. Body: Comparison and Contrast: How others view this person versus how I view this person. Or how I used to view that person versus how I now view them. Conclusion: How I have come to see this person. How to Write an Event Essay About a Memory, Place or Experience.

by Virginia Kearney 7. How to Write an Evaluation Paper with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 15. How to Write an Exploratory Essay With Sample Papers. by Virginia Kearney 8. How to Write in the Format of a 3.5 Essay. by Jessica Marello 8. Easy Argumentative Essay Topics for College Students. by Virginia Kearney 5. 100 Current Events Research Paper Topics with Research Links.

by Virginia Kearney 16. How to Write a Reflective Essay with Sample Essays. by Virginia Kearney 21. Virginia Kearney 8 days ago from United States. Hi, Ronald-The best topic is something that you know the meaning of easily, but not something that makes you very emotional, or which is hard to talk about. Think of a time when something happened and test the crucible you learned something about write an essay i will yourself or someone else. Thinking about the end of your speech (what you learned) means that you already have the hardest part done. Hi what is the best topic to write an personal speech and i'll perform it in my teachers and in test the crucible my classmates. Virginia Kearney 5 weeks ago from United States. Hi Ahm, when you deal with the meaning of the essays of watching tv, event is where you should talk about how this experience has affected your life.

Generally, you would want to explain the meaning and how it changed you. As far as how long this part should be, I would advise you to give enough detail so that the essay the crucible, reader understands the changes it made to you but avoid being overly personal about things you may not want everyone to know or which might reflect badly on another person. Have someone close to you or someone who understands the experience give you feedback after you write. Do you have any tips for van doren, how can I write a personal account of how the ordeal has affected my life? I'd like ask if I should describe the the crucible, ordeal prolongedly or briefly. Virginia Kearney 4 months ago from United States. Hi, Jorge--I actually have over 100 different articles about essays of watching writing posted on Letterpile and essay test HubPages, so generally you can find what you are looking for if you search for it. This particular type of article is also called reflective writing by some English textbooks and instructors.

I think what you are looking for is this article: http://hubpages.com/writing/Reflective-Essay-Sampl. which focuses on the example and gives you a full essay. Jorge Lopez 4 months ago. This is like watching a video about making a soufflé and only hearing people describe how it tastes or how hard it was to make. I'd really like to see a sample so I know exactly if I am framing it correctly. Do I write it like an editorial? Do I write it like a 3rd grader? I get it.

It's subjective. Show me some examples of subjective papers. Walk me through it. Essay Peer 10 months ago. The setting of a novel or play often plays a big role in the overall telling of the story. Below are tips on how to write a settings essay: • State your overall theme. • Write your introduction. • End your introductory paragraph with a hook, a statement enticing readers to keep reading. • Write the body of the essay one paragraph at a time. • Conclude the essays on advantages and disadvantages, essay to tie together all of your points and essay test the crucible reiterate your theme.

Suzette Gray 23 months ago from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I have now finished my very hard personal experience essay. As it is only for my best friend I will not be posting it anywhere. Thank you VirginiaLynne for your comments and your inspiration. The only thing left to do is to essay raise by a single parent show it to my friend and I must admit that I am being a bit of essay test a chicken in doing this, but I will do it.

For me, to essay do this allows me to forgive myself for the hurts I caused my best friend. I thank you again. Virginia Kearney 23 months ago from United States. Hi Watson. The Crucible? Your comment does make sense to anyone who has struggled in mark essay making a relationship work, and essay test that is most of essay us!

Suzette Gray 23 months ago from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. Thanks so much VirginiaLynne. Believe it or not the person I am writing about and the person who is trying to essay test the crucible get me on the right track are one and the same and I very much appreciate his critique. Van Doren Essay? I know why he is being tough on me and I too am being tough on myself. The experiences and the crucible the feelings are very emotional because when the friendship fell apart it was due to me trusting someone else and also a slip of the tongue. Needless to say I don't trust as easily now. The last line that I just wrote was about economics papers me giving up on ever having that friendship again and the unexpected happened. We are now friends but on a totally different level now than before.

Writing about it is hard and essay test I know that he wants me to be honest as he has been. I start writing and I can't stop. Write An Essay Forget? It is a friendship of over 3 and half years. Test? It is write forget hard to cut back on it so that it fits essay requirements. Thank you for your input and it is much appreciated. I have a friend who used to help with college essays and she will help with this. She also knows what I am writing about. Thanks again. I don't know if this even makes any sense. Virginia Kearney 23 months ago from United States. Hi Watson--I appreciate your comment.

One thing that is essay very difficult to do is to separate your feelings and experience from the piece of writing about that experience. On Advantages? It is very easy to feel that the piece we write is essay really a part of ourselves and single that any criticism of that piece is a criticism of essay us. Of course, that is particularly true if the person giving the critique is a close friend. In my view, relationships are more important than the writing, so I think that I would either not share things with that person, or carefully explain that you just want to essay single share the content but don't really feel ready to test the crucible accept suggestions about the writing. I'm sure there are other people that you can get suggestions for essay on being raise single parent, improvement from.

It might be that the same suggestions coming from someone else would be helpful rather than hurtful. However, as an overall help in test the crucible developing your writing, I suggest that you try to mark grow into the idea that what you write is a thing you produce, which can be done better or worse some days and which can generally always be improved. Then you are a participant in the critique, and a part of the audience trying to see how it can be shaped better. Suzette Gray 23 months ago from Cambridge, Ontario, Canada. I am not a student but I am wanting to write a personal experience essay about the crucible meeting someone unexpectedly who has become my best friend. This person has inspired me to better myself in a lot of essay raise by a single ways. Test? We have had a lot of essay map ups and downs in the relationship but right now the relationship is the best it has ever been. He is in college at essay, the age of 45 and that in itself is inspiring. I have sent this friend a few essays but he is being very critical. I know he wants me to really think about it and it is going to be very emotional for me.

I really just wanted to put this somewhere and if anyone has any ideas they would be greatly appreciated. Virginia Kearney 2 years ago from United States. Ii actually advise students to avoid using quotes to start an essay. I think starting with what you expected, or what most people think about the library would work best. Essay On Being Raise By A Single Parent? Another way you could introduce this is with a conversation with someone about using the library or by remembering the library you used as a child and comparing it to this college library. A final way to do the introduction is by essay test the crucible, starting with a very detailed description of the library.

They you can talk about what your story is and what it meant to you. Mary Norton 2 years ago from essay and v Ontario, Canada. I have written some personal experience but it was a hit and miss. This time, you have given me a platform to write them. Virginia Kearney 3 years ago from United States. So very sorry Mary to hear about your loss. I think you could use a frame story for this sort of test essay. Start perhaps with a memory right now about taking care of things and maybe feeling frustrated about this or seeing something which reminds you of your mom.

Then go back in time and talk about your mom dying. End with a return to the present time to talk about the meaning of her death and how it has affected you. I need help on how to essay comparing for vendetta start my personal essay off. It is going to be about my mum dying in March of this year and me taking on the responsibility of essay taking over comparing the house and getting left to look after our two pets and my little sister . How would I go about essay the crucible starting this? heart4theword 6 years ago from write an essay the day i will forget hub. Some specifics to think about, in the crucible writing your essay. Thanks for sharing. Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. 1984? HubPages ® is essay the crucible a registered Service Mark of HubPages, Inc. HubPages and Hubbers (authors) may earn revenue on this page based on affiliate relationships and advertisements with partners including Amazon, Google, and others.

Copyright 2017 HubPages Inc. and respective owners.

Write my essay for me with Professional Academic Writers -
The Crucible Essay Questions | GradeSaver

A Business Plan for Nivea for essay the crucible Men Marketing Essay. Men#8217;s grooming industry is one of the fastest growing markets in recent years (Euromonitor International: Men#8217;s Grooming Products Thailand, 2009). This sector is dramatically booming in Asian countries, especially Thailand. One of the leading brands in men#8217;s grooming market in Thailand is NIVEA FOR MEN brand, operated by Beiersdorf Thailand, which is selected to be the case study in this research. Mark! To be the leading brand in this fast growing industry, NIVEA FOR MEN needs to create business plan with a very strong strategic marketing plan. In general, a business sets the overall direction for the company through a business plan. The business plan is created in order that the essay goals and objectives of the comparing for vendetta company are to be achieved. In other words, goals and objectives of a business are the underlying foundation of the business plan (The times 100, 2008). The marketing plan is certainly a vital part of the business plan and plays active roles to achieve the targets.

The strategic marketing planning process flows from a mission and vision statement to the selection of target markets, and the formulation of specific marketing mix and brand or product positioning objective (RESTREPO, N.A.). Moreover, Kotler (1994) presents the organization as a value creation and delivery sequence. To choose the value, the test strategist needs to proceed to segment the mark essay market, select an appropriate market target, and develop the offer#8217;s value positioning, which is known as a vital strategy of #8220;Market-oriented perspective#8221;. It seems to be unavoidable that Beiersdorf Thailand has to come up with the marketing strategies to penetrate and to be the leader in essay, men#8217;s grooming market by on advantages and disadvantages doing the right segmentation, selecting the best-suited target markets, and creating the essay test the crucible competitive brand/product positioning. In sum, the formula of segmentation, targeting, positioning, #8220;STP#8221; strategies, is the heart of strategic marketing (Kotler, 1994).

The literature review is divided into two main parts. The first part focuses on the previous work on market-oriented approach, as opposed to resource-base view perspective. The second part covers the relevant work on the process of papers research, segmentation, targeting, and positioning as well as implementation of the marketing strategy. Part 1: Market-oriented perspective and Resource-based view perspective. Part 2: Three essentially related topics. Part 1: Market-oriented perspective and essay the crucible Resource-based perspective. This part will specifically study on market-oriented perspective, which underlies a market power imperative, through previous academic research.

There are many studies about the economics implication of resource-based view and market-oriented perspective for a company to be successful in terms of profitability. Also, there are discussions about what perspective is the appropriate one. According to Porter (1991), a successful company has to use market-oriented approach to study the external market and then apply to internal resources. Market orientation , according to Kohli and Jaworski (1990), requires various departments in an organization to engage in activities geared towards developing an understanding of essay, customers#8217; needs, and essay planning mind then develop the products to meet target customer#8217;s needs (Hooley et al., 2008). In addition, Porter#8217;s (1991) work relies heavily on the pursuit of advantages which are determined by firm#8217;s exogenous variables that require analysis of the competitors and opportunities in the market. In Porter#8217;s (1991) theory of competition strategy, he stated that the essay competition strategy of a firm is to seek an advantageous competitive position in the marketplace or to build up a profitable market position by drawing on varieties of factors that are critical to being competitive in an industrial sector. Essay Comparing And V For Vendetta! Following the Porter#8217;s work, a recent research from Ren, Xie, and Krabbendam (2010) also studied the sustainable competitive advantage with the market-oriented perspective, which covered market innovation. Their work strongly supported the use of market-oriented perspective, with the essay conclusion that market-oriented approach can lead companies to success and gain more profits.

Additionally, they suggested that companies analyse various marketing factors to discover new competitive advantages in 1984 for vendetta, order to achieve marketing innovation. Test The Crucible! However, Prahalad and Hamel (1990) and mind map Sharkie (2003) undertake different perspective by arguing that external focus, in test the crucible, the view of market orientation, which requires the research company to concentrate on conditions and constraints in the external environment cannot create competitive advantage for a company. Test The Crucible! Nonetheless, the resource-based view approach is believed to somehow lead to write an essay the day never forget, competitive advantages as it suggests that a firm#8217;s unique resources and capabilities provide the basis for essay a strategy. In a previous study, Grant (1991) proposed a practical framework for resource-based approach to strategy formulation. On Advantages Of Watching! The organizing framework for his study is a five-stage procedure for strategy formulation which are 1) analysing the firm#8217;s resource-base, 2) appraising the firm#8217;s capabilities, 3) analysing the test the crucible profit-earning potential of firm#8217;s resources and capabilities, 4) selecting a strategy, and 5) extending and upgrading the firm#8217;s pool of resources and capabilities. Ren, Xie, and Krabbendam, (2010) had a reservation on essay raise by a, the use of resource-base view, explaining that resources would contribute to sustainable competitive advantage just when a firm possesses valuable, scarce, inimitable and irreplaceable resources. They stated that in the real world, not every company has the resources with all of those characteristics (Ren, Xie, and Krabbendam, 2010). Part 2: The Process of Segmenting, Targeting, and Positioning. 2.1 MARKET SEGMENTATION. 2.1.1 Definition of Market Segmentation. Essay! Market segmentation is defined as the division of a mass market into identifiable and distinct groups or segments, each of which have common characteristics and needs and display similar responses to marketing actions (Rosscraig, 2007).

As the for vendetta market consists of diverse types of products, customers, and personnel needs, the the crucible marketers should divide the single parent market into distinct group of buyers in order to appropriately determine which market segment offers the test the crucible best opportunity for achieving company objectives. Perner (2008) indicated that it is very unlikely that one product could meet the satisfaction of all consumers. In this perspective, a company which chose to focus on a specific group of consumers rather than customers in general would be more successful in terms of profitability. Dibb (1998) suggested that companies divide large markets into smaller segments in order to identify customers#8217; purchasing behaviors. Essay Raise! Furthermore, Brassington and Pettitt (2003) also suggested that marketers find ways of essay, breaking the market down into manageable parts, groups of customers with similar characteristics in terms of commonly used classifications to measure demographics, which include socio-economics, geographic and personality, and to concentrate their efforts on selecting one or more of these areas.

While various literatures stated that it is essential to consider the market segmentation, MC Donald (1998) argued that market segmentation always faced the problem that many different types of essay on being single parent, customers used the same products in diverse markets. Test! It meant that these different types of planning map, customers were in fact subsumed under the essay test same category. Besides, Moschis (1997) also stated the problems of segmentation that the demographics change and the aging of the population change were significant factors that affected the research age composition of the consumer market. Day and Wensley (1983) criticised that the market segmentation relating to test, the consumer market sector alone was not sufficient as it generally reflected the one-sidedness of marketing. The competitive structure was to be taken into account as it yielded the basic information on segment formation. The research from Day and essay mind map Wensley (1983) concluded that the test the crucible formation and selection of segments could be improved if theoretical aspects of competitor orientation are included.

Dibb (1997) outlined three condition classifications which help identify potential consumers in each segment; those are as follows. The expected benefits must be identifiable; Having identified these benefits, marketers must divide people into recognisable segments; One or more of the resulting segments must be accessible to and disadvantages tv, the firms#8217; marketing efforts. Test The Crucible! 2.1.3 Segmentation Variables/ Market Segmentation in Consumer Markets. Mark Van Doren! To segment consumer markets, the market information, in terms of customer variables, product variables, and situation related variables, must be collected for essay test the crucible further analysis. In the study of The Application of Social Class in mark essay, Market Segmentation, Carman (1965) stated that social class was a major segmentation variable to divided customers into groups.

However, later on in 1994, Raaij and Verhallen argued that social class cannot be used as a main segmentation variable as the society had become less vertically organised with more buying power across larger layer of society, and essay also concluded that social class concept had lost its unique segmentation value. They claimed that other demographic variables, such as age and education, and other psychological characteristics were more appropriate for segmentation. Raaij and Verhallen (1994)#8217;s research studied the market segments and papers research types of people as target groups for marketing activities; market segmentation is essay the crucible then classified into three main levels according to the level of planning map, generality of the variables which were general, domain-specific, and brand-specific levels (figure [2-1]). Level of Variable. (behavioural patterns: Person characteristics) Frequency of use. The Crucible! Brand loyalty (behavior) Frequency of use. On Advantages Of Watching! Brand Loyalty (attitude) Figure [2-1]: Classification of Segmentation Variables by Raaij and Verhallen (1994) However, in test, the late of 2000#8217;s, Rosscraig (2007) suggested that media usage and technology usage could be a concern of market segmentation approach (See Appendix [2-1]).

He stated that the variables used in and disadvantages of watching, segmenting consumer markets could be broadly divided into three main classes including: Profile criteria: Background customer characteristics. Test! Psychological criteria: customer attitudes. Behavioral criteria: Actual behavior in the market place (Figure [2-1]). Purchase/transaction Consumption/ usage. Figure [2-2]: Segmentation criteria in consumer markets. With respect to profile criteria, customer characteristics are to be examined with isolation from the specific market of interest.

The profile segmentation criterion is used for identiflying the target consumers and in the consumer goods markets which are most suitable to them (Rosscraig, 2007). According to Rosscraig (2007), this simple segmentation variable includes using demographic method, socio-economic method, and geographic method. Demographic method can be determined by age, gender, ethnicity, nationality, religion, family size, generation, and etc. This method is raise by a useful in assisting media planning and marketing communications as the media selection criteria have been developed around these variables. Test! Socio-economic method can be shaped by write i will never occupation, income level, social class, and education. Socio-economic status determines whether a consumer will be able to afford a product. Geographic location method is shaped by essay test the crucible geographical areas; markets can be considered by country or region, by town or size of raise single, city, by population density such as urban, suburban, or rural areas, or by postcode. This approach is useful when there are clear location differences in tastes, consumption, and preferences. Moreover, this method is essay widely applied with direct sales operations as they can use census information to develop better customer segmentation and predictive models.

The profile segmentation approach is criticised in respect of uncertainly. While one segment is based on mark van doren, consumer background characteristics, members of each variable may behave differently in the marketplace for various reasons while members in the different segments may seek for the same things and have the test same interest in a particular product/brand (Hooley et al., 2008). In shorts, this type of segmentation variable describes who and where the consumers are, but it does not explain the basic reasons why consumers behave so. The psychological criteria draw a casual relationship between customer profiles and marketing behavior (Hooley et al., 2008). The psychological variable includes the characteristics of attitude of the write an essay the day never customers. Attitudes to the product class and attitudes toward brands in the market have both been used as productive bases for market segmentation (Hooley et al., 2008). According to Rosscraig (2007), psychological variables used for segmenting consumer product markets include using attitudes and perceptions, lifestyle of consumers, and the types of benefit sought by customers from products and brands and their consumption choices.

The use of attitudes and essay test the crucible perceptions aims at identifying segments of respondents who view the products on offer in on being raise single, a similar way (Green et al., 1989). Consumer lifestyles segmentation is based on the analysis of consumers#8217; activities, interactions with others, and opinions to understand consumers#8217; individual lifestyles and patterns of behavior (Hooley et al., 2008). In 2003, Taylor Nelson Sofres (TNS) developed a UK Lifestyle Typology based on lifestyles and classified the essay following types of lifestyle categories which are belonger, survivor, experimentalist, conspicuous consumer, social resistor, self-explorer, and essay map the aimless (Rosscraig, 2007). The most important benefits of consumer lifestyle research are for guiding the creative content of advertising (Hooley et al., 2008). Test The Crucible! The main idea of the benefit segmentation is that the company should provide customers with exactly what they want, based on an essay the day i will forget, the benefits that they derive from the products that they use, not based on how the company designs products for them (Rosscraig, 2007). According to Hooley et al. (2008) benefit segmentation tells the basic reasons why customers buy the products and why customers are attracted to the product offerings. Essay Test The Crucible! Holley (1982) also suggested that the development in raise by a parent, techniques of analysis make them particularly suitable for essay test identifying benefit segments (Hooley, 1982). Write An Essay Never Forget! Overall, segmentation on the basis of psychological yields more useful basis for marketing strategy development than merely consumer profile characteristics (Hooley et al., 2008). Essay The Crucible! It gets closer to the underlying reasons for behavior of consumers, so it should be used as the economics research basis for segmenting the market (Hooley et al., 2008). However, there are some major drawbacks of Psychological segmentation techniques, one of which is test the crucible that this techniques require often costly primary research and sophisticated data analysis techniques (Hooley et al., 2008).

Doing segmentation on the basis of the behavior of consumers in an essay never forget, the market is the most direct method of segmenting markets. Behavioral segmentation includes purchase behavior, consumption behavior, media usage and technology usage (Rosscraig, 2007). Purchase behavior approach concentrates on the time of purchase which is test early or late in the product#8217;s overall life cycle, and the patterns of essays tv, purchase which is the identification of brand-loyal customers. The Crucible! This approach could concentrate on innovator segmentation, concerning with initial purchase. Economics Papers! Marketers will pay high attention to innovator groups when new products are launched. Innovators as initial target segments can improve the products#8217; chances of acceptance on the market (Hooley et al., 2008). In addition, brand loyalty has been widely used as a basis for segmentation, concerning with the repeat purchasing (Hooley et al., 2008). A company may segment a market on the basis of how often a customer uses its products, categorizing these into essay test the crucible high, medium, and low users, by usage rate (Rosscraig, 2007). The examination of usage patterns and volume consumed can pinpoint where to focus marketing activity and can be used to develop service specifications or marketing mixes for the day forget each of essay test the crucible, these groups of users (Hooley et al., 2008). Cook and Mindak (1984) have shown that product and brand usage has a major advantage over many other situation-specific segmentation variables as it can be obtained, in essay map, case of many consumer products, from secondary sources.

It is the crucible very essential to understand and profile audience media usage in the process of communication planning (Chatterjee, Hoffman, and Novak (1998). Since 1950s the information of media consuming, such as television viewing, radio listening, and mark van doren print reading, have been continuously collected. And in more recent years, web usage data has also been collected by market researchers to help profile web users, basing on usage characteristics (Rosscraig, 2007) (See Appendix [2-2]). Furthermore, according to Olney, Holbrook, and test the crucible Batra (1991) and Holbrook and Gardner#8217;s (1993), duration of use is critical measure of consumption experiences and is a useful behavioral indicator of essay by a single, advertising effects (See Appendix [2-3]). By following this method of segmenting, marketers can observe the behavior of consumers while utilising the products and media, and this segmentation can be used as an important source for new products ideas, new product design, and product development (Rosscraig, 2007). Additionally, marketers can then create appropriate communication themes for product promotion and can specify new markets for existing products after having the right behavioral segmentation. Essay! In recent years, behavioral segmentation has become more popular as marketers tend to study the consumers media usage and technology usage in order to further create successful advertising campaigns. To support this, it was asserted by economics Advertising.com(TM), Inc., a leading provider of results-based interactive marketing services to advertisers and publishers, (2004), that behavioral segmentation helped improve advertising campaign performance by revealing that targeting campaign delivery based on real-time user behaviour increases advertisers#8217; ROI by reaching the the crucible audience segments most likely to respond to an ad message. And V! Moreover, Hallerman (2004), a senior analyst at e-Marketer, a New York-based research company, stated that the essay logic behind behavioural segmentation and targeting gets to the heart of the internet#8217;s potential as an mark van doren, advertising medium. His opinion is hereby quoted: #8220;In today#8217;s world of audience fragmentation, it#8217;s much more effective to reach individuals not by abstract demographics but through their actions online.#8221; 2.1.4 Segmentation in Male Grooming Products.

According to Mintel (1995), a study about men#8217;s toiletries industry, male grooming products and toiletries is a fast growing industry. In 1980s, the market of male grooming products started to be segmented with the development of products types, including male body spray and shower cream (Sturrock et al., 1998). Essay Test! According to Sturrock et al. (1998), in papers research, 1998, the market of men#8217;s products were divided into different categories of products based on consumers needs and uses, including body sprays, deodorants, men#8217;s shaving, fragrances, shampoo, shower cream, etc. Dunn (1995) and essay White (1995) studied characteristics of men who use male grooming products and concluded that men used grooming products as they want to essays and disadvantages tv, increase self-care practice and self-concept. Moreover, Langer (1986) has prior stated that using men#8217;s grooming products helps encourage a concern to stay attractive. For consumer products, Milner and test the crucible Fodness (1996) has done a research on product gender perception and concluded that specific gender of the products is critically important to the consumers when deciding to buy a particular product.

In the essay comparing and v segmentation process, Milner and Fodness (1996) claimed that gender is the test the crucible first segmentation variable that most marketers apply for consumer products. The reason behind is that both men and women want to use the products that were specifically made for them. According to Milner and Fodness (1996), many consumers clearly are psychologically uncomfortable using products which do not seem made for them. Therefore, many companies, particularly manufacturers of consumer products, divided consumers into segments by essay comparing 1984 and v for vendetta using gender variables. In skin care industries, products are conventionally made for women. However, in essay the crucible, the post modern era, a lot of skin care products are launched to serve male consumers (Sturrock et al., 1998). The products for male consumers are launched as a result of essay 1984 for vendetta, segmentation strategy which companies divide its consumer market into two broad categories, male and female markets. The benefit sought variable is also one of the best ways for companies to segment its market. Test! This statement is supported by Kotler (1997) and Wedel and van doren essay Kamakura (1998), stating that the real features of products have been considered the most actionable bases for segmentation. It is critically important that consumer products must offer real benefits to users to test the crucible, create product positioning (Blythe, 2005). Essay Map! In men face care market, companies and brands always divided consumers segments based on products#8217; features.

For example, NIVEA FOR MEN offers wide ranges of facial cleansers with benefits of test, whitening, oil-control, wrinkle protection, refreshing skin, and moisturizing effects (Nivea Website, 2010). Loreal Men Expert offers benefits for raise parent facial cleansers which are whitening, anti-tightness, anti-fatigue, pure #038; matte oil control, anti-regreasing (Loreal website, 2010). The Crucible! There are some researches showing that competitive brands have similar ways of segmentation (Dawes, 2006, and Fennell et al., 2003). In other words, competitive brands often appeal to consumers who have similar demographic or psychographic characteristics. Moreover, Ehrenberg et al. (2004) supported this statement by stating that different brands in economics papers research, the same product category tend to offer a similar range of product variants. 2.1.5 Loyalty Segmentation and Relationship Segmentation. A focus on #8220;Loyalty segmentation#8221; provides strategic and tactic insights that will assist in building a strong brand (Aaker, 1996).

It is necessary to build customer loyalty as it is a key success of essay test the crucible, growth for a business (Crosby et al., 2004). By having loyalty segmentation, a company can learn more about the profiles of loyal customers, and this leads to essay 1984, the focus at the highest value segment (Markey et al., 2007). Crosby et al. (2004) stated that the purpose of the loyalty-based segmentation is to seek to address the managerial questions as follows. Who are the essay the crucible most/least potential customers? How can customers be segmented according to the types of relationships they would like to have with the product/brand/company? Which loyalty segment should be targeted? What changes are required to instill the essays of watching tv highest levels of loyalty among the targets? Crosby et al. (2004) affirm that loyalty-based segmentation is the complement of existing segmentation frameworks and test the crucible it can also be used to discover new segmentation frameworks by starting with customer loyalty research.

According to Aaker (1996), in focus of the loyalty segmentation, a market can be divided into the following groups. Non-customers: those who buy competitor brands or not product class users, Price switchers: those who are price sensitive, The passively loyal: those who buy out of habit rather than reasons, Fence sitters: those who are indifferent between two or more brands, and. The committed: those who are committed to the brand, or a loyal customer. Loyalty segmentation can be very successful when the company can increase the number of on advantages, customers who are not price switchers and who would pay more to use the essay brand while the fence sitter and the committed should be critically managed (Aaker, 1996). Especially in high competitive markets, companies should exercise best efforts to enhance the loyalty of the papers fence sitters and test the committed by developing and strengthening the i will never forget relationship between customers and the brand (Aaker, 1996 and Drypen, 2010). The Crucible! Research from Raaij and Verhallen (1994) indicates that the essay on being raise by a parent company should also segment its market by loyalty segmentation method. The results of the research shows that the company should move customers from the lowest level of loyalty pyramid which is overall total potential customers to test the crucible, the highest level which is the research heavy buyers.

The major marketing strategy is to increase the frequency and test the crucible intensity of their purchases and to take measures to maintain customers for as long as possible (Raaij and Verhallen, 1994). This also highly relates to the relationship marketing which develop relationship between buyers and brand to stimulate purchasing. 2.2 MARKET TARGETING. 2.2.1 Definition of Targeting. The next step of the market segmentation in STP process is market targeting. It is the process of determining which segments should be targeted and made the focus of a comprehensive marketing programme. Moreover, in the process of market targeting, a group of customers are identified for whom the offering should be right, and to whom firms will direct the majority of its marketing resources, time, and attention (Cahill, 1997). Map! Choosing the target market, before creating positioning and marketing mix, is a part of essay test the crucible, developing effective marketing strategy.

In order to target the right group of customers, the write the day i will never forget firm has to study the needs and buying behaviours of customers in each segment. Then the firm will be able to develop marketing strategies that suit requirements of essay test, each segment. According to Cahill (1997), a target market is essay by a parent simply the market of submarket at which the the crucible firm aims its marketing messages. By specifying customer targets, the company will also know which segments are not the target groups so that the company will not make special effort to essay planning mind map, serve them. Essay Test! Cahill (1997) said that market targeting is essential because it forces the write an essay never forget company to focus at test, the customers and the markets by determining the best fits between target customers and the product offerings. Kotler and Armstrong (2001) suggested that a firm make the decision how many and which segments to target in their market positioning and its decision should be based on a clear understanding of write an essay i will never, company#8217;s resources and capabilities, nature of the test competition, and the characteristics of the planning market. The Crucible! The company should evaluate market segments by essay 1984 first collecting and analysing data on current segment sales, growth rates, and then determine which segment can constantly enable the company to receive the greatest opportunities in the crucible, terms of profitability and market demands in order to target main customers. However, Wright (1996) denied statement of validity of market targeting by claiming that there was no logical reason to adopt target marketing.

Wright and Esslemont (1994) studied the logical formulations of the target marketing argument and summarised that target marketing did not necessarily give the best overall market response and also does not constantly give superior return than other approaches such as mass marketing. Essay On Being Raise By A! The two main targeting strategies are suggested by Dibb (1997). They are concentration strategy, and multi-segment strategy. Concentration strategy is defined as a process that a company manages its marketing efforts towards a single target. When targeting to one single segment, a firm can better satisfy target customers#8217; needs and requirement.

However, this strategy is not always effective and the company may face business failure if target customers#8217; demand for the products decline or shift to other segments. Multi-segment strategy is described as a strategy that a company directs its market efforts towards two or more market targets. The company should then develop appropriate marketing mix to essay, suit each type of target groups, by economics all together considering product diferrentiation, target price, distribution method, and promotional strategies. In brief, the step of the selection of the potential target market is essay test very critical in creating and developing comprehensive marketing strategy. The robust competitive positioning will then be developed after the market targets are clearly identified and essay map the requirements and essay the crucible motivations are fully examined. 2.2.3 Doing Targeting in Different Market Environment. Marketers have to decide whether to target single segment or multiple segments in the product market; there are several factors affecting the management#8217;s targeting strategy decisions, including stage of maturity, industry structure, company#8217;s capabilities and resources, and opportunities for comparing gaining competitive advantage (Cravens, and Piercy, 2009). The maturity is used as a basis for essay test the crucible considering different targeting situations; the market target strategy will be varied in each market environment or stage of product-market maturity. Four different product-market stages, closely related to product life cycle (PLC) stages, include emerging product-market, growing product-market, mature product-market, and essay planning map declining product-market. The strategists can use product life cycle model to analyse the maturity stage of the test products and also industries in order to develop the strategies that should be implemented. Source: Spencer (2009) According to Cravens, and Piercy (2009), segments are likely to 1984, be found in the stage of growth in the product life cycle, as identifying customer segments with similar value requirements improves targeting.

In growth stage of product life cycle, consumers tend to gain awareness of products and to understand the benefits of the product, and essay the crucible company will likely to expect a rapid sales growth and will also try to build brand loyalty and increase market share (Spencer, 2009). High growth markets is very attractive, therefore it can attract a lot of write an essay never, competitors who want to compete for essay market shares. Cravens, and Piercy (2009) revealed their finding about the market structure that at essay raise by a, the growth stage, existing companies tend to enter new product-market as they have capabilities and resources to support the market entry, and this market offers high potential to be very profitable. Lambkin and Day (1989) suggested three targeting strategies in growth markets which are: Extensive market coverage for firms that has already developed the business in the related market, Selective marketing for firms with diversified product portfolio, and. Focused targeting strategy for small firms serving one or few segments.

Moreover, in the stage of the crucible, growth, competitors will definitely enter into the market. The existing players in the growth market will automatically face price competition and increase in promotion and by a single marketing costs. According to Spencer (2009), a firm should adapt itself to handle the changing condition in growth stage in the following ways: Product: The product quality should be improved in terms of additional features, supported services, and packaging design. Price: The price should be adjusted as followed the consumer demand in the market. Promotion: The promotion should be aimed at a broader audience, and the company tends to spend more with promotional strategy in order to build brand loyalty. Place: Products should be allocated in the right place, and more distribution channels might be required due to increase in consumer demand. Essay The Crucible! 2.2.4 Alternative Targeting Strategies. Kotler (1997) suggested that targeting strategies can be divided into broad approaches which are undifferentiated marketing, concentrated marketing, and differentiated marketing. On Being Single Parent! Undifferentiated marketing or full market coverage: This is an approach that the company treats the market as one whole by attempting to serve the entire market.

This is essay widely used in Porters#8217; (1980) cost leadership strategy (Hooley et al., 2008). Undifferentiated approach was widespread in the mass marketing era before the implementation of market segmentation (Hooley et al., 2008). Concentrate strategy, focused marketing, or single segment strategy: Concentration strategy suits the map company that has limited resource, aiming to focus attention on one market segment with one marketing mix strategy. This approach will make the company build a strong position in a selected market; hence it leaves other markets to competitors (Hooley et al., 2008) Differentiated marketing, selective specialization, or multi-segment strategy: Differentiated marketing is adopted when a company offers different products to each target market of the essay the crucible market. Different marketing mixes are also offered to an essay i will, different segments. However, the test the crucible differentiated marketing can lead to high cost of manufacturing, production, promotional advertising, and distribution process, as a company offers a wide product line to the markets. Product specialization: The firm specializes in a particular product and tailors it to different market segments. Market specialization: The firm specializes in serving a particular market segment and offers that segment an array of different products. 2.3 MARKET POSITIONING. 2.3.1 Definition of Positioning.

Positioning process is the third part of the STP process, coming after determining market segments, evaluating potential and write an essay the day i will never forget size of the market segments, and specifying target groups. The Crucible! According to Gunter and Furnham (1992), the strategist should, after selecting target markets, develop positioning objectives and develop them into a detailed marketing mix. Competitive positioning together with market segmentation is important as a core element to develop the effective marketing strategies, and to create the critical direction for a brand (Hooley et al., 2008). Positioning determines which product could be differentiated from one another in the marketplace and it gives consumers reasons to buy product (Rosscraig, 2007). Moreover, in the positioning strategy, the company should not only focus on target segment, but also concern competitor targets as well as overall competitive advantage. Brooksbank (1994) stated that the positioning strategy is fused by research 3 elements, including: Target customers, focusing on essay, the target segments, Competitor targets, focusing on the external environment, Competitive advantage, focusing on the environmental analysis.

Additionally, a company which looks for essays a success must create a position in the marketplace which considers strengths and weaknesses of both a company and its competitors (Ries and Trout, 2001). Essentially, to create the competitive positioning, strategists should realise that positioning is concerned with understanding how customers compared alternative offerings on the market and building strategies that describe to the customers how the company#8217;s offering differ significantly from those of essay test, potential competitors. Dibb (1997) stated that the basic approach of positioning is not to create something interesting to the products but to create in write an essay never forget, the minds of target consumers a sense of a greater values and benefits of marketing mix. Essay! Likewise, Ries and Trout (1972) also suggested that the marketer should concern much about the communication as an important element of brand positioning. To determine the essay positioning of the brand in the market, a company must position the brand in the mind of consumers as the essay the crucible statement of Ries and Trout (1972) that #8220;positioning is not what you do to an essay i will never forget, a product; positioning is what you do to the mind of the prospect.#8221;

According to Rosscraig (2007), positioning consists of two basic components which are. physical contributes, the functionality and the crucible capability that a brand offers, and. Write The Day Never Forget! brand communication as well as consumer perception relative to other competitors in the marketplace. This concept supported Kotler (1997) who believed that positioning is an element in developing marketing strategy and defined positioning that #8220;Positioning is the act of designing the company#8217;s offering an image so that they occupy a meaningful and distinct competitive position in the target customer#8217;s mind#8221;. Therefore, positioning is considered as a strategy which concerns the way customers value the products/brands/companies compared to other competitors in the marketplace, and also products/brands/companies#8217; abilities to deliver messages to target customers (Rosscraig (2007). 2.3.2 Targeting and Positioning through Marketing Mix and test the crucible Differentiated Strategy. According to Kotler (1994), Gunter and Furnham (1992), and Wilkie (1990), the stage of essay comparing 1984 and v, product positioning and marketing mix development, concerning the market conditions, should be created to match with each market target in order to fulfill customers#8217; needs.

It is necessary to choose a generic competitive strategy, and review the test selected strategy across segments, after the firm chose a market targets (Aaker, 1996). Kotler (1994) claimed that only differentiated strategy works well in the segment targets and also disagree with the essay low cost strategy, giving opinion that this alternative strategy is not sustainable in the segmented market. To make the business successful, the essay the crucible company should select the tactics that distinguishes itself from its rivals, and the products must be differentiated from other competitors#8217; products. Moreover, the differentiating approach must generate customer value, provide perceived value, and be difficult to imitate (Kotler, 1994). Aaker (1996) supported that successful differentiation involved multiple elements, including total organisation, people, cultures, company#8217;s overall structure, and company#8217;s systems. However, Aaker (1996) defined positioning as #8220;the part of the brand identity and value proposition that is to be actively communicated to van doren essay, the target audience and that demonstrates and advantages over competing brands#8221;. As a result, he recommended that marketers develop the the crucible positioning objective only after the write the day never developing of the brand identity and value proposition. In other words, brand building plays an important role to create value positioning for a particular product.

Therefore, to create a unique selling proposition for a product, one of the most effective ways is differentiation through brand building. Lepla and essay Parker (1999) identified brand as a method of differentiation in marketing. The brand concept is essay comparing and v for vendetta dynamic and can be developed to suit each market target. In order to win consumers#8217; minds in each target market, a firm should consider brand equity building as it helps create competitive barriers (Lepla et al., 2003). The brand equity building aims to create unbreakable customer relationship by trying to make consumers committed to the brand (Lepla et al., 2003) (Figure [2-3] ). Test The Crucible! Figure [2-3] Brand Equity Pyramid: Moving up the pyramid creates an unbreakable customer relationship. Source: Davis, LePla, and Parker (2003), p.8, Figure 1.2. In sum, building a strong brand is economics papers very important as it is one of the most powerful approach to create differentiated strategy in order for essay test the crucible a company to be in the hearts and mark minds of target consumers. The brand strategy which has been successfully created would help maintain the target consumers not to deviate to essay test the crucible, competitors easily as they have already chosen to be associated with the brand.

2.3.3 Perceptual Map. In the positioning issue, the brand positioning must be created in consumer#8217;s perceptual map of the an essay the day never market. Perceptual mapping is the crucible used to determine how various brands are perceived according to key attributes that target customer values. According to Sinclair and Stalling (1990), perceptual mapping makes companies know how their own brand and competitors#8217; brands are perceived in the marketplace. Blankson et al. (2004) stated that there are factors that consumers always use to determine product positioning, which are: Top-of-the -range: This refers to products that, the consumers believe, are the best or the most expensive in the market. Value for money: This refers to economics papers, products that, the consumers feel, are worth for the money paid. Test! Reliability: This is about the product which the consumers believe to be more/less reliable than those offered by competitors.

Country of origin: The consumers may have perceptions, no matter it is right or wrong, that some countries are reliable or, by contrast, are notorious of manufacturing particular products. According to Lee and Liao (2009), perceptual map is essential in creating brand positioning and conducting associated research for a company, by using information about mark van doren consumer perceptions and preferences for analytical purposes. Essay The Crucible! They also asserted that to do perceptual map, a company can use brand similarity perceptions to on being by a, analyse other competitors to create further marketing strategies. Lee and Liao concluded in their research of consumer preferences and perceptions that brand positioning has a great effect on consumer preferences and the crucible perceptions as consumers always have different perceptions towards brands even though the economics research products are the essay test same. To create needed positioning in consumers#8217; perceptual map, companies need to put emphasis on papers, both products#8217; attributes and brand image, and then well communicate the messages to target audiences. Essay! According to Rosscraig (2007), the company needs to use marketing communications to support a brand to raise parent, make customers well understand the brand positioning, and to adjust the perceptions towards the brand. Additionally, competitor analysis should be in essay test the crucible, concern for a company to create brand positioning.

Competitor analysis is essential in the positioning strategy, as the company needs to understand its competitors in order to compete, especially in the condition of high degree of competitiveness. Kotler and Armstrong (2001) suggested that competitor analysis is economics papers research very useful as it gives a company the the crucible greatest possible competitive advantage and also helps company create strong position in relation to competitors in on advantages and disadvantages tv, the industry. Moreover, Kotler and Armstrong (2001) claimed that a company must compare itself with its competitors by using marketing mix in order to help specify areas of potential competitive advantages. Business Aims and objectives. Consider variables for segmenting market. The Crucible! Look at profile of emerging segments.

Validate segments emerging. Decide on targeting strategy. Decide which and how many segments should be targeted. Understand customer perceptions. Position products in mark van doren essay, the mind of the customers. Marketing Strategy: Marketing Mix.

In todays world, all businesses are facing the dynamic of essay test the crucible, world economy. In business world, there is always strong competition in the market with new business players and convergence of the. Its easy to see why skin care is a huge business with more and more people - men and mark essay women alike - wanting to stay looking and feeling healthy and essay the crucible young for essays on advantages tv as long as possible. Skincare products. Brand management helps to develop a strong a long term emotional connection between a band and customer. Brand management represents a company product to the market. Branding can reveal about the.

The introduction of test, a new product is economics research challengeable and even such large companies as Adidas may face substantial difficulties, while introducing new sport shoes. The successful introduction of the. This industry is characterized by the absence of price competition in its traditional form. Existing competitors use a variety of indirect methods such as different price levels aimed at reaching. The marketing plan explains the essay the crucible creation of an on line T-shirt Company by the name of write an essay the day never, The T-shirt. It explains on what grounds the company is made and the tactics to run the business. The. Implement marketing activities 1.0 Executive Summary The marketing plan outlines a strategy for success, and test the crucible breaks it down into comprehensible, actionable components that will enable Starbucks. Analysis and recommendations of the existing marketing strategies Tiger Balm is a well-known herbal ointment remedy that was developed to relieve the aches and pains in ancient China. It is a very. Didn't find the essay?

Our experts are here to write everything you need.

Write My Paper -
The crucible essay - Common Steps to Write a Superb Dissertation

I. “I’ve been told by essay the crucible, almost everyone I’ve interviewed that I’m not their shrink.” THE BELIEVER: I read that you first conceived of Joan Didion as the potential writer for The Executioner’s Song. LAWRENCE SCHILLER: Joan was my first writer, but I never approached her. I had hired a “corner man” named Barry Farrell, a friend of mine. In the essay map, book, Barry is the crucible somebody that I reach out to because I feel I might be missing something in my interview process. Everything is becoming so intense. And Disadvantages Of Watching! Am I missing something because of my lack of essay test the crucible, education? Being an and disadvantages of watching intellectual—I’m not.

So I hire him as a corner man, like a boxer; he watches me and tells me what I do wrong before I go in for essay test, the next round. Barry thought he was going to write what became Executioner’s Song, and I told him he wasn’t going to. And Barry’s closest friend was Joan Didion. I realized I couldn’t go to Joan, because Barry would assassinate me. Mark Essay! So I went to Norman. Because Norman had stabbed his wife, I felt he understood knee-jerk reactions to violence and what precipitates that kind of the crucible, violence.

That was a very basic, childish thought. You may not remember that Norman had stabbed one of mark essay, his wives. As you know, Norman wrote Executioner’s Song based primarily on essay test, my work and his own…. BLVR: I know Joan Didion ended up reviewing it in the day i will never forget, the New York Times . Essay Test The Crucible! Did she ever know that she was in your mind as the potential writer? BLVR: What do you think of Norman’s characterization of you in the book?

Do you think it’s close? LS: I’ve had worse done of me. BLVR: But do you recognize yourself? LS: Of course. All is fair in love and war. BLVR: Did Norman have free reign to write about anything as he wished?

LS: Yes. We disagreed about essay raise single, things greatly, when he put a thought into the head of a character I interviewed.… and when I objected, we didn’t speak for essay test, almost a year, as I said at his memorial service. Then he sent me a fax one day that said, “If I knew I would have to kiss your ass, I would never have shaved,” and I called him up and said, “Hello, lover.” And we started to talk again…. BLVR: And how would you describe your relationship after that? LS: By the and v, time Executioner’s Song is test over, we were as in sync as two guys rowing a canoe. Mark! We interviewed the essay, two widows of the [murder victims] and survived that experience.

The oars were in sync. By the 1984, time ES was over, we understood the purposes that we each had and how we served each other greatly. BLVR: How do you feel when you’re in the field, doing fieldwork, in a town with which you’re not familiar, like Provo? Do you feel energized? Do you feel lonely? LS: I don’t feel lonely. No no no.

I feel like I’m jumping in a well that has no bottom, and at some point I know I’ll hit bottom. I never put a time limit on test, it. On Advantages And Disadvantages! I’m oblivious to anything except that which I’m doing. BLVR: I want to know exactly what you handed over, in physical form, when you handed over your research to Norman Mailer. LS: I didn’t “hand over” anything, first of the crucible, all; I shared with him. Isn’t that a better word? I shared with him twenty-four thousand pages of transcripts from interviews I conducted. And then continued to do more interviews. And then after reading those interviews, he saw a uniqueness in my interview process that he had not experienced before. He saw the material that a novelist normally has to essay 1984 and v for vendetta dream up or invent or create, but here it was: real.

He understood every one of the characters. I never come with a list of questions when I interview. It’s organic. Sometimes they’ll go for hours or weeks or months. The Crucible! Sometimes I’m very, very bold. Very bold.

I’ve been told by almost everyone I’ve interviewed that I’m not their shrink at some point. There are times when I challenge people. In the end of ES, it ends with my interview with Nicole [Baker, the object of Gary’s tortured love] where I’m trying to get her to mind tell me what got her to go out in Midway and essay test the crucible fuck all these guys. What did [her ex-husband Jim] Barrett say to her? And she doesn’t want to, and I’m pushing her, and I hand her a piece of paper and I say, “If you can’t say it, write it.” Her full answer is not in those pages. Norman agreed to leave out part of the answer because I wanted to keep it for my biography, and it was a great, great line. She said, “Barret told me fucking me was like fucking the of watching, wind.” Even a novelist reading that line has a whole character there. That line told you everything about Barrett and women…. Test! Everything! How do you get people to spend that time with you?

Very simple! You have to convince them that they owe it to mark van doren essay history! Sometimes they look at me and say, “Fuck you.” In between his work on The Executioner’s Song and essay his charge as director of the Norman Mailer Writers Colony, Schiller wrote several best sellers, and his film The Man Who Skied Down Everest (1975) won an Academy Award. Before that, he had a career as a photographer, selling one of his nude photos of mark essay, Marilyn Monroe to Hugh Hefner in 1962 for essay, the then-highest price ever paid for a single photograph. He worked with the great W. Essay Planning Mind! Eugene Smith on Minamata, a book of the crucible, photos related to mercury poisoning in Japan. BLVR: In Executioner’s Song, Norman Mailer wrote that you had one eye that doesn’t work—I don’t see that.

LS: My left eye: I’m almost totally blind. I’m legally blind, in my left eye, since I was seven. They saved the pupil. I looked up a dumbwaiter when I was young and a woman was throwing down an umbrella.… BLVR: But then you became a photographer…. LS: But that was because I couldn’t read. I grew up not knowing I was very seriously dyslexic (I grew out of it a little bit).

I was unable to essay and v read properly as a young child. I was unable to read at essay test, all. The Day! I ran away from essay classes because I didn’t want to be embarrassed. At the same time, my father was in 1984 and v for vendetta, the retail end of test the crucible, selling sporting goods, appliances, and on advantages of watching cameras. Essay Test! He was a portrait photographer prior to that, during World War II. So about the tenth grade, he gave me an East German camera called an write the day i will never forget Exakta. My brother and test I were accomplished tennis players at a very young age (I was skinny at the time). When my brother beat me in van doren essay, the eleven-and-unders, I gave up sports (he went on test, to be a nationally ranked tennis player). Economics Papers Research! I went toward photography, and I became an accomplished sports photographer at test the crucible, a very young age.

I was self-taught. By the age of fourteen I had won second, third, fourth, and fifth in the national Graflex Awards, which allowed me to work in on being by a, summer of eleventh grade with Andy Lopez of the Acme News Service. I took some pictures at essay the crucible, the death march of Julius and Ethel Rosenberg from Union Square to Knickerbocker Village and I started to publish at a young age through high school and college.… I started to write i will never get a big head and a very big ego. Essay The Crucible! I hid my age from all the big magazines around the world. Jacob Deschin, a writer for the New York Times, called me a “pro at sixteen,” when I was still in comparing 1984 and v for vendetta, high school.

By the time I graduated from college I won the National Press Photographers Picture of the Year award. BLVR: What was the photograph? LS: It was Nixon losing to test the crucible Kennedy with a teardrop in his wife’s eye. I never considered myself a good photographer. I still don’t.

I thought of myself as a hard worker. My camera was a sponge and I had an instinct that athletes have—anticipation. Photography really represents an enormous amount of anticipation—understanding what might be there the next moment and being prepared for it. At twenty-two years old, I was driving a Mercedes. It was good from one point of view, but I was unbearable from other points of view.

LS: According to my own reality and according to people who wrote about me those days. I was being written up in Newsweek and magazines all over the world. Essay By A! I refused to work on staff at test, magazines because I wanted to keep the copyright to my photographs, so I didn’t get the best assignments. Sometimes I would get back at van doren, them emotionally, like photographing Marilyn Monroe in the swimming pool, and charge them five times what they would normally pay just because they wouldn’t give me some other assignment I wanted to have. I saw the end of the general magazine business at the end of the ’70s, and the crucible I knew I had to move into another profession when the an essay the day i will never, advertising dollar moved from essay magazines to television. Essay! The magazine business as we knew it was over.

We were no longer the educators of the world. By 1972, I’m conceiving major projects… beginning with an exhibit of twenty-four photographers’ works of Marilyn Monroe. Essay! I said to a publisher, “Get me Gloria Steinem or Norman Mailer to write the mark, text and you’ll have the cover of Life and the crucible Time magazines the same week.” Of course, they got me Norman Mailer. BLVR: Was that the first collaboration? LS: Right. But remember, ten years earlier I did not read and I didn’t go to school. I was shooting Playmates for Playboy in my college president’s home. Write I Will Forget! I had a D+ average in high school, and Pepperdine was the only school that didn’t look at my grades.

William Randolph Hearst gave me a four-year scholarship for journalism. Essay! In 1962, I started to educate myself. Everything I did, I would do extensive interviews. I would go back to the people, time and time again, or move people into my home for van doren, six months and test the crucible interview them every day—put microphones and recorders in essay, their pockets, and I listened very attentively. This developed a unique style.

In 1968, after I had done this big essay on LSD for Life magazine, a journalist interviewed me on the phone. Essay Test! When the book is published by write the day, the journalist— LS: Yes. Essay Test The Crucible! The Electric Kool-Aid Acid Test. I realized then that a good writer doesn’t have to papers research be where the essay test the crucible, story takes place to write about it. So the very next week, I hire Albert Goldman to on advantages and disadvantages of watching write Ladies and Gentlemen—Lenny Bruce. which was the first major book that I published.

It was not unusual for me after 1969 to seek out the most important writers I could to write books based on my ideas, my research, my interviews. Many people know of essay, my relationship with Norman, because he decided to reveal it. I wasn’t interested in revealing it. There are many, many other famous writers that I have worked with— BLVR: —aside from those that are known… LS: Yeah. There are major writers who have written books [based on my research]. If one looks carefully at the copyright page, you’ll see my name. Writers of the stature of Mailer and even bigger. All over the world. I’ve had failures, don’t get me wrong, but it wasn’t beneath me to pick up the phone and introduce myself to Bernard Malamud and say, “I’d like to i will introduce myself to you and to come meet you.

I think I might have something that’s worthy of your skills as a writer.” BLVR: You talked about moving away as the business of photography changed. Of course, the fine-art photography market has taken off since the essay test, ’70s. Is photography something you’ll return to? I know there have been exhibitions…. LS: Those exhibitions have been part ego and part to produce some financial stability for my grandchildren’s education.

I’ll give you an example: A very wealthy man calls me from a foreign country who’s got a price on his head by two governments and the head of the Mafia in one country. Essay Single! He says, “I want you to photograph me,” and I said, “Why do you want me to photograph you?” “Because you photographed Marilyn Monroe.” You know that’s, like, bullshit. I said, “Well, I charge a lot of money, and all the money has to go to charity.” (That usually stops people dead.) He said he’s prepared to essay the crucible pay. I said, “It’s going to go to a charity for the misuse of donkeys in Israel.” LS: Because my wife’s an animal activist, and we were in Egypt for long periods. Essay 1984 And V! We saw how donkeys were mistreated. Therefore, we’re involved in essay test, a sanctuary in Israel. So the mark van doren, guy pays me this exorbitant amount of money. Test The Crucible! I fly there—he sends a jet for me in London and I take the portrait. And Disadvantages! It was extraordinary! He had this face like an test El Greco!

Truly! He had been run over by a hundred trucks. So when I do something photography-wise now, I do it if it’s a fun thing and for somebody else to benefit. Comparing 1984! I don’t want to make my money off photography right now, because I don’t consider myself as good as a thousand photographers out there right now. There are a lot of good guys out there—a lot of women, too—I mean, photography has become a women’s profession, and, boy, I admire them. Annie Leibovitz, Mary Ellen Mark—whose books were the first books I published. I don’t hold a candle to test the crucible these photographers.

III. “When you’re being interviewed or you’re interviewing somebody else, you always have your voice two or three octaves lower than the other person’s voice.” It wasn’t the death-penalty issue that first drew Schiller to write i will never the story of Gary Gilmore. Test The Crucible! It was a newspaper article that mentioned the romance between Gilmore and comparing and v for vendetta Nicole Barrett and their double (failed) suicide pact that caught his attention. Over the essay the crucible, years, Schiller maintained a taste for the sordid and the tabloid, drawn to those forced to air their business in planning mind map, courts. His oeuvre includes a book about JonBenet Ramsey ( Perfect Murder, Perfect Town ) and another about the crucible, O. J. Simpson ( American Tragedy: The Uncensored Story of the Simpson Defense ). BLVR: Have you ever changed your mind—I’m thinking about the JonBenet Ramsey trial—about the innocence or guilt of someone in your book? LS: In that book, I refused to say who I thought committed the crime. Joyce Carol Oates in her review chastises me for that. I was flattered that Joyce Carol Oates was reviewing one of essay planning mind, my books.

But have I ever changed my point of essay test the crucible, view? No. I mean, O. J. Simpson is a cold-blooded, vicious killer. My daughter was his babysitter. And we lived across the street from him.

I know about all the on advantages of watching tv, spousal abuse. I’ve had fights with him about it. Essay Test The Crucible! In jail, I screamed at him and said, “Look at the good Rock Hudson did before he died, by of watching, acknowledging his sexuality and his illness!” I said, “If you get out of this fucking mess”—I didn’t say “fucking mess,” but—“If you get out of essay, this, if you’re judged to be innocent, you should go out and essay on being raise single talk about essay test, spousal abuse. Do you realize how many women and van doren men you could help?” “ I never did anyth— ” I said, “Fuck you, O. Test! J.” Of course, he continued to write the day deal with me… but he’s a cold-blooded killer. BLVR: Didn’t he try to essay bar publication in essay, the end? LS: He threatened at the beginning, and essay the crucible when the essay planning mind map, movie was made, he sued me, and the judge threw it out. BLVR: I read some descriptions of the courtroom scene in a book called Anatomy of a Trial . The author describes you, Joe McGinniss, Dominick Dunne—it sounded like every writer who writes about the legal system and crime was in that courtroom. Where do you think you fit into that landscape?

LS: Hmm… the least professional writer of all of them, the essay the crucible, least original writer of economics papers, all of them. Uh. But the one that truly is the best Avon salesgirl or Fuller Brush salesman… BLVR: You can’t be this humble and get all this done. LS: Look, you’re interviewing me, so I’m obviously using some of my skills in essay test the crucible, the interview. One of the skills you may or may not have recognized yet. And that is when you’re being interviewed or you’re interviewing somebody else, you always have your voice two or three octaves lower than the other person’s voice. Essay By A Single Parent! That produces a certain ambience, OK?

Which is very powerful, OK? And that was taught to essay test the crucible me by comparing for vendetta, a great great lawyer called Edward Bennett Williams in test, Washington, D.C., when I was very young. Otto Preminger also taught me some good things. And Bette Davis was my best teacher when I photographed her. She’d sit on economics research, the steps of her house and tell me what was going to happen in my first divorce, because she knew.… Even though it was eight years later, she said, “You can’t continue this life, Larry, without getting divorced.” But I haven’t always been this way.

I’ve certainly mellowed as time has gone on—just as Norman mellowed. He was the boxer in essay test, the ’60s and became the rabbi in comparing, the ’80s and ’90s. We both gained weight, we both have heart conditions, and test we both lived on mark van doren, pills. I have five stints in me. There’s a defibrillator in that room and test the crucible one in the apartment.

Since I had my heart attack, in 2002, we haven’t had to use it. I want to be alive when I die. Honestly, I’d rather drop dead during this interview than die in essays on advantages tv, a hospital bed the way Norman Mailer did…. LS: No, I’m very serious about what I said. I’ve been many things in my life, and that’s what’s very confusing even to me. Now I sit and I look at a dog and I try to figure out why a dog doesn’t know the difference between right and wrong. Test! My mind is occupied by an essay the day forget, things like that. Why do certain animals not know the essay test, difference between right and essay planning mind wrong?

I guess those are things theologists think about. Essay Test The Crucible! I don’t know if that’s a sign of essay planning, where I am. BLVR: I want to essay test the crucible talk to you about essay planning mind, reciprocity with all the people you’ve interviewed over the years. I know you do pay people for test the crucible, their time, in accordance with what they normally make sometimes…. What about your relationship with people after the books are published? LS: Well, Nicole Barrett drove up here in a truck. She arrived five days ago, and I had dinner with her, and I knew she was driving across the essay planning mind map, country to essay see me. She’s still in my life. [Lee Harvey Oswald’s widow] Marina Oswald is on advantages and disadvantages of watching still in my life.

There are a lot of men who are still in essay test, my life. I think some of them, like [Gilmore’s uncle] Vern Damico, don’t understand the business aspect of it, so they get a bit confused. But when you irrevocably alter someone’s life by something you do, you have an obligation not to disappear, unless they want you to disappear. That’s been one of the problems with my marriages—they don’t like these people coming back into my life…. BLVR: Well, you have a lot of people, because there have been a lot of projects! LS: That living room—[former FBI agent and Soviet spy] Robert Hanssen’s children sat with other members of his family and his closest friend—he’s still in my life and one of his kids is. Sometimes I don’t speak to van doren them for a long time.

I’ve got as many enemies as those that have stayed in test the crucible, my life.… I guess you have to make some enemies… and if you’re as immature as I was in some of my ways for many years, you make stronger enemies. IV. “I don’t want [my biography] published while I’m alive, because I want the writer to be totally, totally free to and disadvantages tv write whatever he wants to test write.” Schiller wrote four New York Times best sellers, but he is hesitant to call himself a writer. Now he’s heading a decidedly literary pursuit. Even at the writers colony he directs, Schiller has an comparing for vendetta air of someone who doesn’t quite belong. Provincetown is certainly different than Hollywood, where he lives the other ten months of the year. He uses his status to his benefit; it defines his drive as an overachieving outsider with creative problem-solving skills. Test The Crucible! When he was squeezed out of the O. J. trial, for example, he squeezed himself back in an essay never, by making himself part of O. J.’s defense team. Lawrence showed me Norman Mailer’s study upstairs, promising that Norman’s study “hasn’t been touched, or even dusted, since the day he died.” The room had a large Nautilus machine over to one side, and two desks.

One of those desks was covered with his last project. Mailer wrote longhand. Essay The Crucible! His typical process involved faxing handwritten pages to his secretary in New York, who typed it up and research sent it back to Norris, who printed out copies to give back to Mailer. The Crucible! Mailer edited downstairs, at a large dining-room table, where we sat for our interview, looking at the shoreline. The tabletop was pristine aside from the specific place where Mailer edited, which looked like someone had scratched repeatedly on the surface with a pencil, to make a point that Norman was here. I sat at comparing 1984 and v for vendetta, the head of the table, with Mailer’s scratches on my right and the crucible Schiller on my left. On the porch, a group of i will, poets-in-residence were working with a visiting critic from Oxford. Schiller feels a tension that has dogged and will continue to dog him: how to keep his own legacy separate from Mailer’s. LS: Norman was very special. Test! He was one of the few writers in the world who was truly accessible to almost anybody.

He would talk and relate to anybody whether they thanked him or not. Mark Van Doren! He wrote about fifty thousand letters in his life. Essay Test! Eight thousand came from writers; sixty-five hundred were answered. Norman Mailer was interested in nurturing young writers. He never wrote two books the same way. You have to constantly work on i will forget, your craft.

The word intellectual doesn’t exist in my mind. If I were to appraise my capacity to have an intellectual conversation, it would be very low on test the crucible, the totem pole. BLVR: Well, what’s your relationship to reading and writing now? LS: I have to get on an airplane and fly around the world to read a book. I have to be totally isolated. The first book I wrote [ Ladies and Gentlemen—Lenny Bruce!! “by Albert Goldman, from the journalism of on being raise by a single parent, Lawrence Schiller”] was a New York Times best seller. The Crucible! I admire those people who can write great nonfiction or fiction or poetry, because they’re creating something. I absorb. Norman and I built a relationship because he saw a uniqueness in my interview process. And when his biography is written, people will understand what he saw in me that I did not see in myself.

BLVR: Why were you doing this, hiring these writers? LS: These stories interested me, but having a book written was part of a larger plan. First, find a story that has depth and general appeal. Pray you can find a writer who has the same interests as you do. Second, once you have a finished manuscript and, if you’re lucky, a best seller, you go looking for the right screenwriter. Economics! Third, with a good screenplay you have a movie. BLVR: Are you still chasing stories? LS: Well, the word chasing is a good word.

I did chase stories in my life. I don’t read the newspaper as closely as I used to, but yes, I still am interested. I think I care less about financial security now—it doesn’t matter to essay test me. One person has already accused me of hooking on to Norman’s legacy, but Norris knows that’s not true. I mean, the public doesn’t know my real involvement, and 1984 for vendetta maybe they never will, and that’s fine. The colony is essay test something that everybody said could never happen. I got it off the ground in nine months.

BLVR: I heard Don DeLillo was here…. LS: Sure. A lot of people who wouldn’t normally venture out, I call them up and tell them, “I need your help.” That’s my first line: “I need your help.” A lot of people don’t like my personality. They don’t like me. But they see there’s value in what I could achieve. BLVR: What’s it like to papers work alone, since so much of your work is essay test the crucible interpersonal? LS: I don’t work alone. I surround myself with talented people. BLVR: Do you ever work alone? LS: What’s the definition of working alone?

BLVR: Sitting in essay comparing for vendetta, a room. Writing by yourself. LS: Oh, I did that until three-thirty this morning and woke up at seven-thirty. I forgot about the crucible, your interview, but it beeped me on my cell thing. But quite honestly, yes, I work alone, but I called someone halfway around the world in the middle of the night to ask how to essays on advantages and disadvantages of watching tv spell a word—all the essay test, way in Australia, because of the time difference. LS: That’s immaterial! I’m not afraid!

I stopped Christopher Ricks in the middle of a sentence over dinner and mind said, “What does that word mean, Chris?” Five minutes later, there was another word, and I said, “What does that word mean?” I mean, I’ve done that my whole life. BLVR: How will you measure the success of this colony? LS: If writers talk about the test, colony and writers are able to see something that benefits them, then it’s successful. I’ve had failures—I’ve been in bankruptcy. I overextended myself on a movie in papers research, Chernobyl, and essay I pulled myself out of that in two years. I’ve made my mistakes. BLVR: What kind of plans did Norman leave, in terms of the colony?

LS: Zero. He had no money. No life insurance. He left virtually no funds for his family. Write! The family doesn’t support this financially. I rent this from the family. This is an independent 501(c)(3). There are certainly family members on the board, but it is completely independent. Test! That’s the on advantages and disadvantages, biggest battle I have.

People don’t understand that Norman has no money. BLVR: How did you decide this needed to be done? LS: About six months before he died, we were sitting here, and essay test he said, “Random House likes this book, so I’m rushing to essay by a parent publish it.” He says, “You know I’m not gonna be here by the end of the year, Larry.” I didn’t know what to say. A few minutes later he says, “You better figure out what’s going to happen to this house and the crucible my legacy.” Norris was talking to my wife in the other room. Four weeks later, he was in the hospital. He said, “I can hardly breathe.” He said, “The scar tissue is strangling my lungs.” When I first saw him in the hospital, there was a nurse that just walked in and said, “I know who you are, Mr. Mailer, and I was wondering if you could give me some tips on writing.” He looked at her and said, “What are you doing this weekend?” She said, “I’m going sailing with my boyfriend.” He said, “Well, when you come back, write about what happened over the weekend, and let me see it—I’ll give you some pointers.” So, ten days later, she walks in with the papers. He’s got more IVs coming out. Here he is editing her manuscript. He finally hands it to her and goes back to comparing and v for vendetta reading the New York Times . She starts reading it over and over, and essay she started crying.

There the foundation [for the colony] was being laid. Later, he was buried here in Provincetown, and I’m standing over there by write an essay the day i will never forget, that clock with a couple writers. One of them says, “What do you think is going to essay test the crucible happen to map the house, Larry?” I said, “I know Norman doesn’t want it to be lost to history.” A few minutes later somebody said, “Maybe it’d be nice to have a writers colony.” I walked upstairs and stood in essay test, the room late that night where Norman wrote, and the next morning I said to essay planning mind map Norris, “What do you think of test, turning the house into a writers colony?” She said, “That would be a nice idea.” I said, “Would I have your support?” She said, “You’d have my support in on being, anything you do.” I put some of my money in, called Gunter Grass, Joan Didion, asked for their help—advising me and lending their prestige and their names. And then I was on the phone for three days. In three days, I had everybody.

I don’t think everybody thought it would happen. Essay Test The Crucible! I called Tina Brown and said, “I need to have breakfast with you. I need you to teach me what fund-raising is about.” Of course, that’s my biggest problem—my personality doesn’t raise money. It goes against raising money. Twenty-five years ago, my personality would have chased everyone away. I couldn’t have run this colony.

But my personality was doing other things—it was getting into an essay i will prisons. Or the attorney general’s… Norman and I had a big fight in Belarus where we hit each other and test the crucible pushed each other down a flight of stairs. Essay Raise By A Single Parent! It was all about essay test the crucible, whom I was going to bribe and whether we were being set up, and why I had to bribe someone…. We had our differences. Everybody changes. BLVR: Is there anything I haven’t asked you? LS: You didn’t ask me who I slept with last night…. BLVR: Who did you sleep with last night? BLVR: Do you know what’s next? LS: Everything just happens with me—nothing’s thought out.

I mean, there are lots of projects that aren’t finished… but I think this project is van doren essay worthy of the time that’s put in. If we get one person out of the sixty scholarships, then it’s worth it. My grammar has improved. Essay Test! I know the difference between there and single their now. BLVR: What about your biography? LS: It’s being written. The Crucible! I’ve given two years of interviews, twice a week, two hours at essay, a time, eight months out of every year.

The interviews are almost done. It will be published after my death. Test The Crucible! I don’t want it published while I’m alive, because I want the writer to be totally, totally free to write whatever he wants to write. BLVR: Did you choose the author? LS: No.

Several authors asked, and I’m giving complete access to one. LS: Yes. There’s a working title, which is I Survived My Mistakes. Some people see a story in mark van doren essay, it. I just hope it’s not episodic. If someone can find a through-line, that’s fine. I can’t. Test! I’m very eclectic.

I can’t find a through-line. BLVR: I wonder if you think writers need to van doren be more eclectic. You have the longest hyphenated career.… LS: Well, it certainly happened by accident. Essay Test! I’ve been married three and a half times, so I changed my life four times. I reinvented myself four times. So each morning brings a little wisdom, and then you find out how stupid you were for most of your life. BLVR: I want you to sign my copy of economics papers research, The Executioner’s Song. BLVR: [ I look at the empty seat to essay test my right ] I want you to sign it. LS: OK. Economics Papers Research! Not on the title page—that’s Norman’s page.

Suzanne Snider’s work has appeared in several magazines and a few artists’ catalogs. She teaches courses on oral history, song hunting, and fieldwork at essay test the crucible, the New School University, and planning mind map is currently completing a book about test the crucible, two rival communes on adjacent land.