Recent Posts

Home >> Uncategorized >> Web dubois biography essay

Web dubois biography essay

Mar/Sun/2018 | Uncategorized

W E B Du Bois Biography | List of Works, Study Guides & Essays

Web dubois biography essay

How to buy essay cheap with no worries -
Web dubois biography essay - Mi Plugins

Back to biography Basics: The 15 Most Important Resume Tips for Young Professionals. Thesis. I’m excited to announce (again!) that my book, Getting from biography College to Career: Your Essential Guide to Succeeding in the Real World, will be published in a brand new, fully revised second edition on informative thesis January 31st! In honor of the launch, this month I’m writing series of “back to basics” blog posts on web dubois the essentials of getting from college to career. Aphra Behn Essays. Today I’m sharing my absolute favorite, most impactful resume tips: 1. Web Dubois Biography. Don’t reinvent the wheel . Essay Map. Particularly at the beginning of your career, it’s really hard to web dubois start your resume with a blank sheet of paper. So don’t. Check out informative thesis examples of strong entry-level resumes online or at essay your university career center and an essay borrow the best ideas for formatting, headings, wording and more. 2. Include key words . Employers’ eyes are naturally drawn to the words they’re looking for web dubois biography essay #8212; the brand names, skills, and experience they need #8212; so make sure you include these terms on thesis your resume. Web Dubois Biography Essay. And, be as specific as possible. Buying An Essay Paper. For instance, “Experience with Photoshop, Illustrator and essay InDesign through the production of 12 issues of on-campus magazine” is much stronger than “Design Experience. The best way to formal/informal essay find the right words to biography use is to essay look at online job listings for the kinds of positions you’re interested in and the LinkedIn profiles of web dubois biography essay people who have the positions you want. Thesis. Then use some of the prominent words and phrases in those job listings and profiles throughout your resume.

3. Tailor your resume to each opportunity. Employers can tell when they’re seeing a generic resume that is being blasted out to anyone and everyone. It’s fine to have such a resume as a template, but then you need to biography customize it with different accomplishments and keywords that fit with the individual companies where you’d like to work. (One warning: if you’re sending your resume to an essay a large corporation or posting on the recruiting website of such an organization, you will have to choose just one version.) 4. Quantify everything that’s quantifiable . “Managed a team of camp counselors” is less impressive than “Managed a staff of web dubois 12 camp counselors and 5 counselors-in-training.” Quantifying can also give life to administrative tasks: “Receptionist at a 4-doctor medical practice handling over 100 clients per day.” If your work helped to raise money or profits, then numbers are even more important: “Improved sporting equipment sales in my department by 50% in six months” or “Raised $2,000 through solicitation of alumni donations.” Quantifying shows your unique contribution to an organization and also demonstrates that you’re a person who understands the importance of essay planning mind map measuring results. 5. Essay. Prioritize. Aphra Essays. When you list bullet points under each job on your resume (and you should always list bullet points under each job), be sure to list the most important task, accomplishment or responsibility first. Biography. It’s highly unlikely that a potential employer is aphra, going to read every bullet point under every item on your resume, but most people will read the first or second bullet point on each list. You don’t have to list accomplishments chronologically; list the most impressive first. Also note that more challenging jobs (which ideally should be your more recent jobs) should have more bullet points than less challenging work experiences. 6. Don’t forget to list internships, volunteer work and unpaid summer jobs . Just because you didn’t get paid for something doesn’t mean it doesn’t count as real experience.

When including unpaid experience on web dubois biography essay your resume, emphasize the professional skills you’ve developed. Use terms such as “leadership,” “fundraising,” “public relations,” “people management,” and “budgeting” to behn describe your activities. 7. Note any notables . Be sure to mention anything about you that is unique and uncommon. Some examples include, “Founding president of first-ever entrepreneurial club at XYZ University,” “Winner of the Anita Lawrence Scholarship for Excellence in Social Studies, awarded to the top junior history student” (remember to explain an award if it’s not nationally known) or “Youngest person ever promoted to assistant manager at local high-end jewelry store.” 8. Don’t highlight something that you despised doing . As you can see, there are many ways to draw a reader’s eye to web dubois biography essay what you want that person to see on your resume, so avoid these strategies when you don’t want to promote something. In fact, if you’ve had a task or responsibility that you hated and never want to do again (like selling vacuums door-to-door or cleaning animal cages), then don’t include it on your resume. You can even leave off an entire job if it’s not relevant to your current job search. Behn. 9. Don’t ever lie or stretch the truth. This happens way too often, and it’s never a good idea. Web Dubois Biography. There are so many reasons not to lie on dangerous a resume. Web Dubois Essay. First of all, if your lie or truth stretching gets discovered, you’ll lose a job opportunity with that company forever. Second, if you exaggerate your skills, such as being fluent in Spanish when you really just studied it in high school, your lie will become extremely obvious the day you start your job and you lack the essay skills you said you had.

10. Keep it to one page . I’ve seen senior executives with one-page resumes, so I don’t see any reason why a college student or recent grad’s resume needs more than that. Remember that your resume is a marketing tool and not a transcript or a laundry list of web dubois essay everything you’ve ever done. By keeping your resume short and sweet, you’re demonstrating that you can edit yourself and sell yourself clearly and concisely, which are both important skills in learning essay the professional world. 11. Web Dubois Biography Essay. Curb your creativity . In the vast majority of genre argumentative essay circumstances, it’s inappropriate to essay present your resume in buying an essay any other format than a simple black font (Times New Roman, Arial, etc.) on a white background.

On hard copy resumes, it is not okay to use colored paper, scented paper, colorful or creative fonts or any other bells and whistles. Recruiters, especially those in biography the corporate world, laugh at these attempts to planning map stand out and immediately throw such resumes away. It’s also smart to PDF your resume to make sure your formatting looks the same on all computers (and to ensure you haven’t left any Track Changes markings #8212; seriously, I’ve seen that happen). 12. Don’t title your resume document “resume.” This tip comes from Software Advice CEO Don Fornes writing on the Job Bound blog. “About a third of applicants name their resume document, ‘resume.doc.’” Don writes. Web Dubois. #8220;’Resume’ may make sense on your computer, where you know it#8217;s your resume. However, on my computer, it#8217;s one of essay many, many resumes with the same name…. By using such a generic file name, the applicant misses a great opportunity to brand themselves.” 13. Get professional input . As I recommended in last week’s post on the 7 essentials of biography essay a successful job search, if you can afford a professional resume writer, hire one. If you’re still in college, get a free resume critique from your college career center.

If you can’t do either of dangerous essay these things, then ask your smartest, most successful friend or family member (ideally someone who works or has worked in your industry) for help. 14. Leave out web dubois biography essay unnecessary information . Mind. Here is what you should not include on your resume: references (an employer will request these if desired), the phrase “References upon request” (they know this), a GPA under 3.0 (click here to read my tips on how to get a job if you have a low GPA) or obvious skills (there is no longer a need to say that you know how to use Microsoft Word or Internet Explorer). You should also remove high school activities once you’re out of essay college. 15. Quadruple-check for aphra behn essays any typos . Typos happen to the best of us, so be meticulous about spelling, grammar, formatting and web dubois biography essay consistency on your resume. Be especially careful with details like whether or not you end each bullet point with a punctuation mark or whether you’ve capitalized all of your job titles. Even a small typo can blow an opportunity, especially if you’ve included “excellent attention to detail” as one of your skills!

And one more bonus tip… Make sure your resume gets read . A recruiter once told me he always has two stacks of resumes on essay his desk: one super tall stack of biography resumes that are submitted online and essay mind map one very small stack of resumes sent or handed to him by biography essay, a trusted friend or colleague. Dangerous Of Internet. Of course you want to be in that smaller, more elite stack. So, always look for biography an “in” at a company #8212; a friend-of-a-friend, an alum of essay mind your university, a LinkedIn connection #8212; who believes in you and will recommend you to his or her employer. You can have the best resume in web dubois the world, but if a recruiter never sees it you’ll never get the job you want. So, what do you think? Are there any other resume tips I should have included here? Please add your additional tips and suggestions in the Comments! 4 Responses to “Back to Basics: The 15 Most Important Resume Tips for Young Professionals” If its recommended that we not title our resume document #8220;Resume#8221;, what are other alternatives? @Keila The best title for thesis the document is specific, e.g., #8220;Jane Doe Resume,#8221; not simply #8220;Resume.#8221; Good luck! For me, the most important thing was to be just different enough to get noticed. Everyone is trying to maximize their resume, so they end up all looking similar.

Putting something unusual, like a dog shelter vounteer or something can make an exec look twice. My $.02. Job Search Advice for biography 2015 Graduates - Lindsey Pollak. [#8230;] my career to sharing job search advice that can help new grads figure it out, like basics on how to build a resume and behn where to start a job [#8230;]

Write My Essay : 100% Original Content -
W E B Du Bois | Biography, The Souls of Black Folk, & Facts

Descartes Sceptical Challenge: What is the foundation of knowledge? The opening premise of the Meditations by web dubois Rene Descartes is genre description argumentative essay a sceptical challenge, one that had been made urgent in Descartes’ time by biography the conflict between science and religion. Descartes attempts to answer that challenge in his Meditations about First Philosophy . In this paper I will outline the sceptical challenge that Descartes imposes on himself and discuss whether or not Descartes is successful in answering it. The latter part of this paper deals with the question whether Descartes is a ‘methodist’ in the Chisholmian sense of the word and whether there is another way of meeting the sceptical challenge posed by Descartes. Descartes philosophical project is to aphra behn, find a foundation for obtaining certain knowledge, which was brought about by the emerging natural sciences.

He argues that the best way to web dubois biography essay, begin a search for indubitable knowledge is by subjecting all his beliefs to a radical sceptical attack, even if this doubt would be considered ridiculous in ordinary life. Descartes goes down the path of methodical doubt because he realised that it was necessary “to demolish everything completely and start again right from the foundations”. 2 In the Discourse on Method —written some years before the Meditations—Descartes gives a prelude of his later philosophical work: Not that, in so doing, I imitated the sceptics who doubt only for doubting sake, and affect to be always undecided; for, on the contrary, my whole plan had for its aim assurance and the rejection of shifting ground and sand in order to find rock and clay. 3. The doubt that Descartes employs in the First Meditation is not ordinary spontaneous doubt as we experience in everyday life, nor is it an argument for global scepticism. Informative. His methodical doubt is a thought experiment, which he uses to clear his mind of preconceived ideas and biography essay, find foundations for his new philosophy. Descartes attempts to doubt everything he ever thought to be true – not by doubting all of his opinions one by learning essay one, but by attacking the sources of knowledge e.g. the senses, the mind (our ability to reason) and our imagination. Descartes provides three reasons for doubt in the First Meditation: The possibility that we are deceived by our senses leads him to the conclusion that we can never trust anything we learn through the senses; The possibility that we are now dreaming leads him to conclude that we can never trust the essay, content of our consciousness; The most hyperbolic doubt at the end of the First Meditation is the introduction of the Malicious Demon ( genus malignum or deceptor ) 4 deceiving us about the existence of the essay planning, world:

I will suppose therefore that not God, who is supremely good and the source of truth, but rather some malicious demon of the utmost power and cunning has employed all his energies to web dubois essay, deceive me. I shall think that the sky, the air, the planning mind, earth, colours, shapes, sounds and all external things are merely the delusions of essay, dreams which he had devised to ensnare my judgement. Informative Thesis. 5. This hypothesis implies an all encompassing doubt for it denies trusting our senses, the essay, content of our consciousness and our ability to reason. The Demon can cause all of these illusions without any connection to a world outside our minds. In order for Descartes to lay the sceptical hypotheses to rest and find a foundation for certain knowledge, Descartes needs to slay the Malicious Demon. Pierre Gassendi (1592–1655) approved of Descartes’ project ‘‘for freeing [his] mind from dangerous, all preconceived opinions’’, but he objected that ‘‘this strategy makes it necessary for web dubois biography, [Descartes] to convince [himself] by imagining a deceiving God or some evil demon who tricks us, whereas it would surely have been sufficient to cite the darkness of the human mind or the weakness of our nature’’. 6 Descartes’ reply to this objection is that he needed to justify the doubt from a methodical point of view ‘‘for a philosopher knows that it is often useful to assume falsehoods instead of truths in essay planning map this way in web dubois order to shed light on genre argumentative the truth’’.

7 Descartes regards his doubt as merely hypothetical as he concludes the biography, Synopsis of the Meditations by noting that “no sane person has ever seriously doubted” many of the matters that he calls into question. 8. Nineteenth century pragmatist Charles Peirce argued against Descartes that his doubt is not sincere and that we can not commence with complete doubt, but rather that we should start with prejudices that we actually have and that we should only doubt when justified through studies. 9 Descartes’ epistemic principle is informative that beliefs are false until proven correct, Peirce juxtaposes this by web dubois biography essay arguing that beliefs should be considered correct until proven false. Newman argues against Peirce that Descartes’ doubt need not be sincere.

The misconception lies according to Newman in paper supposing that Descartes’ method requires sincere doubt as opposed to a merely hypothetical doubt. Hypothetical doubt is according to Newman sufficient to web dubois biography essay, induce recognition that one’s confidence is planning not unshakably firm as is required for the foundations of knowledge. 10. Descartes’ doubt is justified from a methodological point of view, but as Gassendi points out, the methodical doubt leads to the problematic sceptical hypothesis of the web dubois biography, Malicious Demon. Ignoring the buying an essay paper, doubt because it is not considered to be sincere does however not take the sceptical hypothesis away. Descartes introduced the doubt to ‘‘prepare [the] readers’ minds for the study of essay, things which are related to the intellect”. 11 Descartes has however opened Pandora’s box in the First Meditation and the question remains whether Descartes is paper able to close the essay, box and lay the sceptical hypothesis to rest. Descartes’ main argument against the existence of the Malicious Demon is the assumption that God is a good and perfect entity. Being a deceiver is considered an imperfection and God can therefore not be a deceiver: … I recognize that it is impossible that God should ever deceive me.

For in every case of trickery or deception some imperfection is to be found; and although the ability to genre description argumentative essay, deceive appears to web dubois biography essay, be an indication of cleverness or power, the mind, will to deceive is biography essay undoubtedly evidence of malice or weakness, and informative thesis, so cannot apply to God. ((Descartes, Meditations on First Philosophy , p. Web Dubois Biography Essay. 37. )) Descartes’ idea of God as an infinitely good being is based on the Catholic interpretation of the nature and attributes of God. Of Internet. This assumption is certainly not beyond doubt as it is biography not necessarily true that God is a perfect being. Aphra. Descartes gives prime importance to the existence of God and writes in the Fifth Meditation that ‘‘certainty and truth of all knowledge depends on cognition of the web dubois essay, one true God’’. 12 It could be argued, however, of the opinion that Descartes’ comments can not be taken at face value and that the Cogito is central to Descartes’ epistemology, not the proofs for the existence of God. The purpose of the proofs is to remove the doubt raised in the Third Meditation that a deceiving God may have created us with inadequate cognitive capabilities. The Cartesian proofs are however unsatisfactory because of his theological presuppositions. The doubt that we might be deceived about the existence of the external world and our cognitive capabilities therefore remains. American philosopher Roderick Chisholm (1916–1999) begins his discussion of the problem of the criterion by asking the following questions: 13. What do we know? or What is the extent of our knowledge?

How are we to decide what are the criteria of knowing? If we know the answer to either of these questions, then we are able to find an answer the other. If we can specify the criteria of knowledge (Question 2), then we may have a way of genre description argumentative, deciding how far our knowledge extends. Chisholm refers to web dubois essay, this approach as ‘Methodism’. 14 If we on the other hand know how far our knowledge reaches (Question 1), and are able to say what the things are that we know, then we may be able to formulate criteria enabling us to aphra behn, differentiate the things that we do know from those that we do not. Biography. Chisholm refers to this approach as ‘Particularism’.

The sceptic will argue that we can not find an answer to question 1 if we don’t already know the answer to question 2 and vice versa. Descartes’ philosophy contains both strands of Particularism and description, Methodism in biography essay the Chisholmian sense of the word. Descartes can be called a Methodist because he starts his philosophy with a method to obtain absolute certain knowledge—which is illustrated by the titles of genre description argumentative essay, two of his early works: the Regulae (the Rules) and Discourse de la Methode (Discourse on Method). Descartes writes in the Regulae that those who haphazardly “direct their minds down untrodden paths” are sometimes “lucky enough in their wanderings to hit upon some truth”, but “it is biography essay better … never to argumentative, contemplate investigating the truth about any matter than to biography essay, do so without a method”. Buying An Essay Paper. 15 In the Discourse on Method Descartes defines four rules for web dubois, obtaining certain knowledge: 16. ‘‘Never to accept anything as true that I did not know to be evidently so …” ‘‘To divide each of the dangerous essay, difficulties that I was examining, into as many parts as possible and necessary …’’ ‘‘To conduct my thoughts in an orderly way, beginning with he simplest objects … in web dubois essay order to informative thesis, climb gradually …” “… everywhere to make such complete enumerations and such general reviews that I would be sure to have omitted nothing.” Descartes’ philosophy is however not purely Methodist in nature. Web Dubois Essay. Ernest Sosa argues that Descartes applies an openly particularistic methodology. Aphra Behn Essays. 17 Descartes’ first step in escaping the vacuum of doubt is the Cogito (I think therefore I am).

Descartes derives from the Cogito that he is web dubois essentially a thinking thing ( res cogitans ) and in the Third Meditation he subsequently points out that from the fact that he is a thinking thing he can conclude that ‘‘whatever I perceive very clearly and distinctly is true’’. 18. The fact that Cartesian philosophy contains both strands of Particularism and Methodism is illustrative of the circularity in Cartesian philosophy. Descartes needs to essay, find a method to distinguish valid beliefs from biography essay, wrong beliefs but we can only determine a correct method if we have some examples of justified beliefs. In the end it does not matter whether Chisholm’s classification can be applied here.

The main question is whether Descartes is able to answer the sceptical challenge and escape the circularity. A brain in a vat that believes it is walking in the sunshine (Source: Wikipedia). Hillary Putnam described a modernised version of Descartes’ Evil Genius—previously proposed by Peter Unger—by describing a world in of internet essay which we don’t have a body, 19 but our brains are kept in a vat by an Evil Scientist, who feeds electric impulses to our brain which make us believe that we exist in a material world. 20 This idea has recently been visualised by the Wachowski brothers in the science fiction trilogy The Matrix, in this version mankind is essay unknowingly imprisoned in incubators and our brains are connected to a virtual reality computer program called The Matrix. In this last section of this paper I will discuss these modernised sceptical hypotheses. Two questions need to description essay, be asked to determine the web dubois biography, validity of the sceptical hypotheses: could there be such an Evil Scientist or Matrix and if the answer to genre description, that question is biography true, does the sceptical conclusion follow? The Principle of Unlimited Inquiry. Michael Slote uses principles of scientific reasoning to evaluate the acceptability of competing theories such as the ‘brain-in-vat’ hypothesis versus real-world realism. Genre Essay. The principle Slote advances to demonstrate that the sceptical hypotheses are unjustified is the Principle of Unlimited Inquiry: 21. It is scientifically unreasonable for someone to accept what is for him or her at that time an inquiry limiting explanation of a certain phenomenon; There is web dubois essay reason for learning essay, such a person to reject such an explanation in favour of an web dubois biography acceptable non inquiry-limiting explanation of the an essay, phenomenon. The Principle of Unlimited Inquiry expresses the web dubois biography essay, intuition that scientific hypotheses should not rule out further investigation of their subject.

Slote argues for the Principle because ‘science is essay planning mind essentially … an intellectual enterprise that seeks … the web dubois biography, completest possible explanation of why things … are the planning map, way they are.’ 22 Slote employs this principle to biography essay, reject the Cartesian demon hypothesis and its modernised versions by arguing that the sceptical hypotheses are enquiry limiting. When one accepts that we are for example brains in an essay paper vats, all intellectual inquiry ceases as all phenomena are mere illusions and further inquiry is pointless. Slote’s rejection of the sceptical hypotheses implies that theories that do comply with the Principle of web dubois biography, Unlimited Inquiry can not be final explanations and hence that all scientific theories are temporary constructs. Final explanations—which is the ultimate goal for most scientists—are by themselves inquiry limiting because a final explanation would cease all further inquiry. The sceptic can however embrace the Principle of learning essay, Unlimited Enquiry because through this principle, science is not the final explanation of a material world outside our consciousness, but an instrument for making predictions about the world. Whether the world described by science is a material world or a virtual world is web dubois not significant. David and Jean Blumenfeld argue that just because a theory is enquiry limiting, doesn’t render it false. 23 The principle of unlimited enquiry can be used as a guide for scientific research but not as a general principle for obtaining knowledge.

The Blumenfelds distinguish for this reason between pragmatically reasonable and epistemic reasonable hypotheses. The former are those hypotheses which one could accept given one’s practical aims, for example in scientific research or political debate. Epistemic reasonable beliefs are those beliefs for whose truth we have good evidence. Slote anticipates this objection and argues that pragmatically reasonable and epistemic reasonable are one and the same. There are two ways of interpreting Slote’s argument. One could say that if an hypothesis is scientifically reasonable then it is also epistemic reasonable. Informative. This is a plausible principle as it does not exclude any other forms of obtaining knowledge other than science from biography essay, providing epistemologically reasonable beliefs. A second interpretation is that Slote means that a hypothesis is epistemologically reasonable if and only if it is scientifically reasonable. Slote defends the last reading by analysing ‘epistemologically reasonable’ in terms of the dangerous essay, agent’s cognitive goals. These goals are of essay, intellectual (or theoretical) understanding and knowledge in an essay general, and includes no other interests.

The Blumenfelds however, show that it is sometimes necessary to hold ‘non-intellectual’ beliefs to further one’s intellectual concerns. 24 Science is not a purely intellectual pursuit. French sociologist Bruno Latour has for biography essay, example placed science and technology in a social context. He argues that science does not distinguish itself from other human activities through the application of logic, but through what Latour calls ‘associologic’—the ability to transform the perceived world by creating associations between phenomena. Scientific facts are according to Latour not discovered, but ‘constructed’. 25 Slote is unable to reject the sceptical hypotheses by subjecting it to scientific standards because he overloads science by mind map asserting that it is the only source of epistemic reasonable hypotheses. Another objector to biography, Slote’s use of the planning mind, Principle of Unlimited Inquiry to reject sceptical hypothesis is James Franklin.

In his paper ‘Healthy Scepticism’ he argues that there is a symmetry between the sceptical hypotheses and realism, e.g. both theories are equally valid in explaining our observations. 26 The symmetry argument does not solve the question whether a Malicious Demon or Evil Scientist exists or not, but it shows that these sceptical hypotheses can not simply be argued away. Franklin discusses the argument raised by Slote that true beliefs lead to pragmatic success and that the realist hypothesis leads to predictions about actions, future events and biography essay, so on. Behn Essays. Franklin’s reply is that ‘the correlation between true beliefs and pragmatic success can be doubted’ and that ‘successful predictions do confirm realism, but … successful predictions also confirm illusionism’. 27 Future predictions can be made in both the illusionary and biography essay, realistic world view because scientific theories are inferred from formal/informal learning essay, perception, whatever the source may be. The symmetry argument is very powerful in establishing that we have no way of knowing whether we are being deceived by the evil genius. Does this imply that we are for ever locked in a global scepticism, denying any veridicality to our sensory experience, the content of our consciousness and essay, the validity of our inferences? Franklin argues that in both the sceptical and the real-world hypotheses we can obtain knowledge about the world as we perceive it, the mind map, question remaining however is what this world is that we are referring to. I believe that this question is irrelevant in our every day lives and that even the staunchest sceptic has to accept that there is a world around us. Charles Landesman, who argues that colours do not exist, admits that when he is searching in the market for web dubois biography, a ripe tomato, he has no doubt that the tomato he purchases is actually red. 28.

Thinking about the Malicious Demon, the Evil Scientist or The Matrix is analogue to speculating about what exists outside the universe. It is impossible for us to mind, conceive of anything outside the universe (the theories of physics collapse when attempting to describe the essay, universe prior to the Big Bang). Whatever exists outside the known universe has however no influence on our possibility to obtain knowledge about the world, whether the universe is material or consists of an essay, images in biography essay our mind is not important. This is an impressive piece of work, demonstrating wide scholarship and considerable depth of planning map, understanding. My only real criticism is biography that I think you have tried to cover too much ground with a consequent loss of focus and depth in the discussion of some key issues. The comments that follow relate to description essay, sections of your essay. The discussion here misses some important issues. The first is the connection between the method of doubt and web dubois, Descartes’ scientific concerns. You touch on this at one point, but a bit more is essays needed to show why the sceptical arguments are so important for Descartes.

Also you focus entirely sceptical arguments in Meditation 1, but the sceptical challenge that concerns him most emerges in Meditation 3. Though it could be briefly formulated in Meditation1, its full force only emerges after the Cogito and the introduction of the notion of clear and web dubois essay, distinct perception. This is a good discussion of the Meditation 1 program. But I think the doubts in essay Meditation 3 are not hypothetical, Descartes is confronted by an inconsistency between his views about the certainty found in the Cogito reasoning and his belief in the unlimited omnipotence of God. This little section is rather weak. You did not allow yourself space to examine the arguments in any depth, but what you have done does not seem to take us far. What was really needed at web dubois essay, this point was some discussion of the circularity objection, since that is where the most important philosophical issues are to argumentative, be found. The case for saying that Descartes is a Methodist is web dubois not well made. Certainly Descartes stresses the genre description essay, notion of web dubois essay, method in essay planning mind both the biography, early works and in the Meditations, but in the context of Chisholm’s point ’method’ has a more precise meaning, for to be a Methodist one must believe that there are certain criteria that we can look for and use to establish knowledge.

In the Meditations Descartes comes nearest to this with the introduction of clear and of internet, distinct ideas, but he gets to this in the Particularist style. Some have suggested that the Method of Doubt is Methodist in Chisholm’s sense: the idea being that we have knowledge when we find that we have beliefs that resist even the most extravagant attempts to doubt them. A major worry I have here is that in leaving the discussion of Descartes at this point you leave too many things undiscussed, the most important being the role of clear and distinct perception and the circularity objection. Biography. I really think these topics are crucial to this essay. The discussion of Slote is an essay thorough and insightful. This is the biography, best section of the of internet essay, essay.

Written for the Monash University course Origins of Modern Philosophy A. Amended with comments by Aubrey Townsend. #8617; Rene Descartes, Meditations on first philosophy , edited by John Cottingham (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1996), p. 12. #8617; Rene Descartes, Discourse on method and the meditations (Harmondsworth: Penguin Books, 1968), p. Biography Essay. 50. #8617; Rene Descartes, Meditationes de prima philosophia , edited by David Manley and Charles Talylor (Wright State University, 1996): Accessed: 1 December 2003. #8617; Descartes, Meditations on first philosophy , p. 15. #8617; Rene Descartes, The Philosophical writings of Descartes , volume II, edited by John Cotingham, Robert Stoothoff, and Dugald Murdoch (Cambridge University Press, 1984), p. Dangerous Essay. 180. #8617; Descartes, Meditations on first philosophy , p. 11. #8617; Lex Newman, ‘Descartes’ Epistemology’, in: Edward N. Zalta, editor, The Stanford encyclopedia of philosophy (2000) – Accessed: 25 January 2004. #8617;

Descartes, The Philosophical writings of Descartes, p. 121. #8617; Descartes, Meditations on first philosophy , p. 49. #8617; Roderick M. Chisholm, The foundations of knowing (Sussex: Harvester Press, 1982), p. 65. #8617; Descartes, Discourse on method and the meditations , p. 41. #8617; Ernest Sosa, ‘Chisholm’s epistemic principles’, Metaphilosophy 34:5 (October 2003), p. 554. #8617; Descartes, Meditations on first philosophy , p. 24. #8617; Peter Unger, Ignorance, a case for web dubois, scepticism (London: Clarendon Press, 1975), pp. 7–8. #8617; Hilary Putnam, Reason truth and history (Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1981), pp.

1–21. Informative. #8617; Michael A. Slote, Reason and scepticism , edited by H.D. Lewis (London: Allen Unwin, 1970), p. Web Dubois Biography. 67. #8617; David Blumenfeld and Jean Beer Blumenfeld, ‘Can I know that I am not dreaming?’, in: Michael Hooker, editor, Descartes: Critical and interpretative essyas (Baltimore: John Hopkins, 1978). Formal/informal Learning. #8617; Blumenfeld and Blumenfeld. #8617;

Bruno Latour, Science in action. How to follow scientists and engineers through society (Milton Keynes, 1987). #8617; James Franklin, ‘Healthy scepticism’, Philosophy 66 (1991), pp. Essay. 305–323. #8617; Charles Landesman, Skpeticism.

The central issues (Oxford: Blackwell, 2002), p. 37. #8617; Peter Prevos on Desk Study of the construction logistics of the pyramid of Khufu G Watson on Desk Study of the construction logistics of the pyramid of essay map, Khufu Peter Prevos on Pyramidology: Interpreting the Egyptian pyramids traoquafb2017.com on Pyramidology: Interpreting the Egyptian pyramids Tochukwu on The Social Importance of Rites of Passage and Initiations. The Horizon of Reason is an imprint of. Social scientist and engineer who dabbles in magic.

Expert Essay Writers -
Web dubois biography essay - Mi Plugins

Retail Resume: Sample and web dubois biography essay, Complete Guide [+20 Examples] You're about to get a job in retail. One where you rub elbows with fun people. Spark off them. One with great perks like full health benefits. Or a concierge service for doing oil changes while you work. You want that retail job. But between you and paper, it, like CeCe Drake in Pretty Little Liars , stands a wall of retail resumes 300 high.

How will you get past that wall? You'll do it with a resume for retail that makes you stand out like a jumbotron. A retail resume example that gets attention. How to write a basic retail resume. Biography. The best format for argumentative essay, a retail clerk resume. Biography Essay. The best way to write skills and keywords on a resume for retail. Here's a sample resume for retail made using our resume builder. Want to save time and have your resume ready in 5 minutes? Try our resume builder. Paper. It’s fast and easy to use. Web Dubois Biography Essay. Plus, you'll get tips and right vs. wrong examples while writing your resume.

See +20 resume templates and create your resume here. What's the genre description essay Best Format for a Retail Resume? Picture a retail manager. Her name's Megan, and web dubois, she's hiring. She's sitting in her office, wading through a sea of mind, retail resumes. Nice potted philodendron.

One thing that makes it easier? Errors. Biography. Typos, poor formatting, spelling mistakes, and bad grammar. She gets to toss all those resumes in the rejects pile. Make it to the next level by choosing the best format for a retail resume. Pick a trusted layout like the reverse-chronological format. Essay Planning. It puts your best accomplishments up front. That's important, because Megan spends just six seconds looking at biography essay each resume. Use clear, legible fonts, big headings, and white space to give Megan's eyes a rest.

Finally, save your retail clerk resume as a PDF. Behn Essays. PDFs don't change from one computer to the next . Pro Tip: Check the job posting to see if PDF retail resumes are prohibited. Some Applicant Tracking Systems have a hard time with PDF resumes. How to Write a Resume Summary or Resume Objective. How can you get the hiring manager to essay, spend more than a few seconds looking at argumentative essay your retail resume? You can do it with a top notch resume summary or resume objective. A resume summary is for web dubois biography essay, anyone with shelves full of experience.

A resume objective works for applicants that need restocking. See, most resumes say the formal/informal essay same thing: I've got people skills. I'm experienced. Hire me. Instead, wake that manager. Shake her. Use specifics.

Add details that engage her interest fast . See the luxury retail resume examples below: Enthusiastic retail clerk with 3+ years experience. Seeking to boost REI KPIs through proven skills in sales and customer loyalty. Maintained 93% positive customer reviews and 21% above average repeat customer scores. Web Dubois Biography. Run own YouTube product knowledge channel with 1,500 views a month. Retail clerk with 3 years experience, seeking retail job.

Skilled in thesis, sales, customer loyalty, and product knowledge. See the difference? The first retail resume sample shows you are a skilled surgeon behind that register. Web Dubois Biography. The second seats you on a throne of essay, lies. Now. What if you don't have that kind of experience?

In that case, write an objective statement for your retail associate resume. Two Entry Level Retail Resume Objective Examples. Do you lack experience? Does your basic retail resume look like an web dubois biography, empty shelf? We'll fix that, starting with a resume objective statement. Objective statements work for entry-level retail workers, or anybody seeking a new niche. Hard-working retail associate, skilled in formal/informal essay, POS tech and inventory management. Seeking to web dubois essay, increase sales and aphra behn, customer loyalty at Chiller Outfitters. Built volunteer retail experience at Goodwill as cashier and restocker, receiving management commendation for excellent customer communication. Entry-level retail associate with BA from Williams College.

Seeking real world experience in web dubois essay, retail. No experience yet but I'm very energetic. That second retail clothing resume example makes you look like a standee. Aphra. The first one gets the hiring manager's attention. Why? Because it shows you can do retail duties, even though you haven't had a real-world retail job yet. Pro Tip: A couple days of volunteer experience looks great on a resume.

See the next section for tips on how to get it. How to Describe Your Retail Experience. Is experience important on web dubois biography a retail resume? Only if you want the formal/informal best retail jobs. You know. The ones with flex scheduling, onsite medical, and deep discounts for employees.

To get those jobs, write a retail clerk resume that wakes up the hiring manager like a date with Elf. Tailor your experience to the job description. If you do, you'll stop being generic cornflakes and turn into the HR manager's best friend. List your most recent job near the top of your retail resume. Add 4-6 bullet points that show accomplishments. How to Describe a Retail Job on biography a Resume. Fulfilled all retail clerk duties in buying paper, a high-end sales outlet. Handled customer-service including POS, sales, and inventory management. Maintained high-level product knowledge.

Received 95% positive marks for conveying product features and benefits, as reported in web dubois, customer surveys. Built customer loyalty through fostering stronger relationships. Aphra Behn. Retained average repeat-customer scores 21% higher than other associates. Used expert level communications skills to zero in on true customer needs. Overall 93% positive ratings from customers in biography essay, post-sales surveys. Retail clerk at high-end sales outlet. Handled all day-to-day customer service retail duties. Ran POS system. Conducted daily sales. Big difference, right?

With that first example, you could get a job selling magic wands at Ollivander's. But what about dangerous of internet, a retail associate resume with no experience ? How to biography essay, Write a Retail Resume with no Experience. Here are two tips to stuff an empty resume like a Black Friday circular. First: Troll your past non-retail jobs to essay planning, dig up hidden retail gems. Second: volunteer or take a temporary retail job. But I need money now.

I don't have time to volunteer. You don't have to spend months, or even a full week. Just a day or two will do. Hey, presto! Instant retail resume experience. Two Retail Resume Samples (No Experience) July 2017 - August 2017. Served as retail associate in thriving Goodwill outlet. Managed all retail duties, including cashier work, restocking, and customer communication. Assisted with sorting and inventorying donations. Improved efficiency of web dubois, donations processing by 55% over other current associates.

Maintained zero errors with the POS system. Commended by management for excellent customer communication. Ran cashier position. Essay. Cashed out register daily. Interacted with over web dubois 200 customers per day. Self-Employed College Student. Interacted with several customers per weekend. Genre Essay. Frequently upsold customers to essay, hedge trimming and leaf raking. Retail Experience: None yet, but I'm a very fast learner. Other Experience: Waited tables, mowed lawns. Poof.

That first retail resume sample could get you behind the dangerous of internet register in the gift shop at Asgard. Yet it wasn't hard to build. You already had retail experience from biography essay, previous jobs even if you had little to no store experience. And you did that volunteer gig in a few days' time. Pro Tip: Retail clerk and retail associate are two keywords managers search for. Use the one that's listed in essay mind map, the job description in your resume.

Now that you know how to put experience on a retail salesman resume, pep it up with action words. Need some? See our guide: +80 Examples of Resume Action Words for Every Profession Is Your Education Section Cashing Out? It Might Be. The best thing about a career in retail? No one cares about your education. Right? If you have one, use it to make your already good retail resume shine. It doesn't really matter if it's high school or college.

The real gold's in the details. Pursued a passion for sociology coursework. Excelled in web dubois essay, four years of of internet essay, Spanish classes. Placed secon d in the W.S.C. Public Speaking Contest. As different as Sears and web dubois biography essay, Sephora, right? The first sample shows actual useful retail training. But it wasn't any harder to make.

Need an example to informative thesis, follow? Use the sample retail resume at the top of this article. Pro Tip: Don't have a college degree? Find accomplishments from high school that prove you have the skills shown in web dubois essay, the job description. How to informative thesis, Put Skills on a Resume for essay, a Retail Employee. Remember our hiring manager, Megan? She's looking for skills on every retail resume she reads. But not just any skills. How can you know what skills to put on a resume for retail?

First, search the job description. Then, find more skills in other job offers online. Finally, use our list of retail skills below. Pro Tip: Try to mind, find out web dubois biography, what POS system the planning mind hiring store uses. Some POS systems, like Shopify, post free online tutorials . In half an hour of online viewing, you can add some nice flair to web dubois, your retail resume. The Real Secret to buying paper, Putting Retail Skills on a Resume. Ready for web dubois biography, the real magic? Don't just list your skills.

Prove them in formal/informal learning essay, your experience and education sections. Let's take a sample retail resume job description. It values management skills , building customer loyalty , and increasing sales figures . Fulfilled daily retail manager duties , including scheduling, inventory management, problem solving, and taking disciplinary action. Increased sales figures by 75% over previous manager through better application of corporate devised promotions. Web Dubois Essay. Built customer loyalty through better deployment of customer rewards programs through all retail clerks. Dangerous Of Internet Essay. Increased repeat business 23%.

Bam. Web Dubois Biography. With a professional retail resume like that, you could get a job running The Magic Box from Buffy the planning map Vampire Slayer . Pro Tip: Once you've proven your skills in your experience section, do it in biography essay, your education section too. Even listing a passion for paper, public speaking classes counts. How to web dubois biography, Add Other Sections for an Effective Resume. Imagine you're a retail resume. You're in a pile of 300+ others, just like you. The only way to do that is by informative, looking different. One great way is other sections. You know: hobbies, interests, activities, and volunteer work. Things that aren't work experience, education, or skills. But there's a special way to do it.

You don't want to web dubois biography essay, add generic info. That's like using camouflage when you want neon. Retail Resume Sample Other Sections. Basic First Aid CPR RiseUp Retail Industry Fundamentals Certification. Review products in own YouTube Channel. Get 1,500 views/month. Avid listener, The Advanced Selling Podcast. Regular reader of books about sales. Organized a charity snowboard event for genre, the local animal shelter. (2016) Help out once a month at the Summerville Food Pantry.

Avid whitewater kayaker. Write and web dubois, publish short fiction stories. Poof. You just went from formal/informal learning, mannequin to manager material. Pro Tip: Are special retail certifications worth it? Don't agonize if you don't have one. That said, a certification proves you take retail seriously enough to web dubois biography essay, put in extra effort. Here's the buying an essay paper Most Common Myth About Cover Letters.

Ready? Here it comes: Nobody reads cover letters anymore. The truth is web dubois biography 40% of hiring managers still consider cover letters mandatory. In other words, you need to write one for each and every retail resume you send. Don't be frightened. Thesis. Retail cover letters are short and easy. The best cover letters for retail jobs call the hiring manager by name. They say one detail you like about the web dubois biography company.

They say two details about you that will help the company. Aphra Essays. (Pick the best wins from your retail resume.) They close with a call to action, like, I'd love to talk more with you about your needs. Pro Tip: After you send in your retail associate resume and cover letter, follow up! A well-timed thank-you email can remind the hiring manager to take another look at your resume. How to Add Contact Info to Your Resume.

Do you really need help adding contact info to a basic retail resume? You already know to biography, add your: Full Name Updated Phone Number Professional Email Address. Karen Welihan, karenwelihan@gmail.com - 857-869-2379. Use a professional email address. Description Argumentative Essay. No RetailGirlDawnOfTheDead47798@yahoo.com.

Then, think about web dubois biography essay, Megan, our hiring manager. Let's say she likes your perfect retail resume for sales assistants. She wants to know more about thesis, you. Give her a way. Add your LinkedIn profile, Twitter handle, or other online hangouts. Pro Tip: Is your Facebook profile clean enough for a hiring manager to see? Do some spring cleaning, with our guide to cleaning up your online presence . A Sample Retail Resume Job Description. Here's a sample job description for a retail resume. Why am I showing you this? Because I want you to essay, think, as you read it, What are the keywords I'll hit in my resume? How will I tailor my own skills and accomplishments to aphra behn, fit?

As a Shindlee's Retail Clerk, you'll bring magic to our customers. Shindlee's sales clerks provide outstanding customer service, exceed sales goals, and share superior product knowledge with customers. Properly use proprietary POS system technology. Determine customer needs based on effective communication. Build and communicate expert knowledge of store products. Meet daily sales goals.

Pro Tip: To save time, build a couple bare bones retail resume templates you can tweak to essay, fit each job description. The up-front work will pay off big. Want more tips to formal/informal learning, fit your retail management resume to the job like a custom-crafted sales pitch? See our guide: 6 Tips on How to Tailor Your Resume to a Job Description (Examples) Even with example retail resumes, making your own tailored version isn't easy. Start with the web dubois biography essay retail job description. Highlight all the skills and duties in it. This is a must for retail manager resumes and essay planning, retail sales associate resumes alike. Prove you can walk the talk by salting those skills throughout your retail sales resumes.

Put them in essay, your experience and education sections. Add other sections to your retail resume, like hobbies and thesis, interests. Other sections make you stand out like a clerk from the Emerald City's Wash Brush Up Co. Got questions or tips about how to web dubois biography, make a great retail resume? Give us a shout in aphra behn essays, the comments section! Tom Gerencer is a founder and web dubois biography essay, former owner of MediaNortheast Video Production and Training Without Boredom.

A full-time writer in the fields of personal finance and career advice, Tom lives in West Virginia with his wife Kathy, two children and a couple of ornery dogs.

Write My Research Paper for Me -
W E B Du Bois Biography - Biography

Advertising Producer Sample Resume. Find your Free Resume Templates and biography essay Cover Letter in the post advertising producer sample resume. Essay? There are so many Resume Templates and biography essay Cover Letter ideas in buying paper the post advertising producer sample resume that you can find, you can find ideas in the gallery. Biography? Broadcast Producer Resume Sales Producer Lewesmr. Buying Paper? Sophie Lu Resume Pandora Audio Advertising Producer Resume For. Essay? Marketing Resume Samples 1 Content Production Specialist Resume Sample. Advertising Sales Resume Sample Marketing Advertising And Pr.

Resume Tips Examples Vmore Examples Learn Resume Examples Marketing. Essay? How To Make Resume One Page Student Resume Template. Advertising Manager Resume Best Resume Sample. Web Dubois Essay? Tv New Media Producer Resume Sample Cv. Sample Resume For Production Manager Best Resume Sample. Dangerous Of Internet Essay? Producer Presenter And Announcer Resume Example. Marketing Resume Samples Pinterest Free Resume Samples And Free. 1000 Ideas About Marketing Resume On Pinterest Best Resume Resume. Producer Resume Samples Visualcv Resume Samples Database.

Resume Samples For Marketing Manager Of Products Product Manager. Broadcast Producer Resume Sales Producer Lewesmr. And Write Resume For Production Manager Advertising Using Our Sample. Professional Video Producer Templates To Showcase Your Talent. Resume Advertising Resume Examples Marketing Manager Resume Examples. Web Dubois Biography? Samples Resume Inspo Letter Resume Forward Entertainment Executive. 10 Marketing Resume Samples Hiring Managers Will Notice. Global Account Executive Sample Resume Animation Producer Sample. Traffic And Production Manager Resume Example My Perfect Resume. Thesis? Production Intern Resume Samples Visualcv Resume Samples Database. Web Dubois? Resume For Music Producers Sales Producer Lewesmr.

Manager Resume Marketing Production Manager Free Resume Samples. Top 8 Production Manager Resume Samples. Online Producer Sample Resume Per Diem Pharmacist Sample Resume. Production Specialist Page 002 10 Marketing Resume Resume Marketing. Advertising Resume Medical Device S Resume Cv Sample For Medical. Buying? Marketing Production Manager Free Resume Samples Blue Sky Resumes. Biography? Production Intern Resume Samples Visualcv Resume Samples Database. Essay Planning Map? Marketing Resume Samples Marketing Resume Examples Sample Resumes. Pics Photos Resume Sandle For Marketing Associate New Graduate. Web Dubois Essay? Free Resume Template.

Resume Format 2016 2017for Marketing Manager Resume 2016. Genre Argumentative? Production Manager Resume Television 25 Resume Career Termplate. Online Producer Sample Resume Per Diem Pharmacist Sample Resume. Marketing Resume Sample Example Functional Marketing Resume Samples. Web Dubois Biography Essay? Manager In Ca Resume Edward Garcia By For Video Production. Production Coordinator Resume.

Production Manager Resume Samples Advertising Resume Sample Marketing. Best Images About Entertainment Resumes On Pinterest Free Slideshare. Ad Sales Resume Resume Format Download Pdf Resume Samples Advertising. Planning Map? Marketing Manager Resume Free Samples Marketing Resume Samples Hiring. Web Dubois Essay? Natalia Marie Fitzgerald Graphic Designer Art Director Resume. Description Argumentative? Production Sample Resume Real Estate Agent Sample Resume Machine. Biography? Digital Marketing Resume Design And Resume On Pinterest. Resume Samples And How To Write A Resume Resume Companion. Ad Agency Broadcast Producer In Nyc Ny Resume Gwen Korbel Docshare.

10 Marketing Resume Samples Hiring Managers Will Notice. Aphra Essays? Ad Sales Resume Resume Format Download Pdf Resume Samples Advertising. Marketing Manager Resume Free Samples Marketing Resume Samples Hiring. Web Dubois Biography? Resume Examples And Resume On Pinterest. Natalia Marie Fitzgerald Graphic Designer Art Director Resume. Production Sample Resume Real Estate Agent Sample Resume Machine. Digital Marketing Resume Design And Resume On Pinterest.

Resume Samples And How To Write A Resume Resume Companion. Genre? Ad Agency Broadcast Producer In Nyc Ny Resume Gwen Korbel Docshare. Essay? 10 Marketing Resume Samples Hiring Managers Will Notice. Informative Thesis? It Specialist Sample Resume Health Care Aide Sample Resume. Web Dubois Biography Essay? Academic Skill Conversion Film And Television Production Sample Resume.

309bc5cebfeff4ccfd756e7cb35c9758 Sample Resume Resume. Buying An Essay Paper? En Resume It Intern Resume 2 12 800 600 Image Resume Examples Resume. Web Dubois Essay? Career Resume Of Tv Host Spokesperson Producer Marketing Consultant. Resume Samples Sophie Lu Resume Pandora Audio Advertising Producer. Learning? Resume Advertising Sales Media Advertising Sales Agent Resume Template. Web Dubois Biography Essay? Theater Administrator Producer Resume Job Search Art Jobs 1742. Genre Essay? Professional Video Producer Templates To Showcase Your Talent. Web Dubois Biography? Free Marketing Resume Template Digital Marketing Resume Stephen C. Dangerous Of Internet? Assembly Line Worker Resume Free Resume Example And Writing Download. 43 858 Marketing Advertising And Pr Resume Examples In Hackettstown. Student Cv Template Samples Student Jobs Graduate Cv Qualifications.

Ad Sales Resume Example Objective In Resume Example Objective In. Career Resume Of Tv Host Spokesperson Producer Marketing Consultant. Biography Essay? 10 Marketing Resume Samples Hiring Managers Will Notice. An Essay? Marketing Production Manager Exemple De Cv Work Experience Production. Production Sample Resume Short Resume Example Best Resume Examples. Marketing Resume Marketing Resume Sample Digital Marketing Resume. Resume Marketing Manager Product Marketing Manager Resume Samples. Production Intern Exemple De Cv Work Experience Advertising Production. Biography? Resume Sample Project Hybrid Resume Examples Production Manager Resume.

Professional Graphic Designer Resume Samples Templates. Resume Formatting Resume Ideas Resume Mistakes Faq About Resume. Essays? Resume Examples Career Goals On Resume Examples Resume Examples Sample. Marketing Manager Cv Example For Marketing Livecareer. Essay? Resume Cv Cover Letter Ideas Collection Advertising Agency Sample. Social Media Marketing Manager Resume Jobs In Bakersfield For Finish. Informative Thesis? Producer Sample Resume No Work Experience Marketing Assistant Resume. Marketing Resume Sample Resume Genius. Web Dubois Essay? Marketing Product Manager Full Force Resumes L Job Winning Resume. Goal Resume Examples Career Objectives Resume Career Ethan King Resume. Dangerous Essay? Producer Sample Resume Digital Marketing Strategist Resume Samples.

Production Intern Resume Samples Visualcv Resume Samples Database. Old Version Old Version Executive Producer Resume Seo Resume Sample. Resume Samples Professional Resume Samples With Marvelous Marketing. Web Dubois Biography? And Production Management Resume Examples Marketing Advertising. An Essay? Communications Sample For Position Email Line Producer Sample Resume. Executive Music Producer Resume Example.

Career Resume Of Tv Host Spokesperson Producer Marketing Consultant. Executive Producer Marketing And Accounting Resume Example Chicago.

Expert Essay Writers -
Free WEB Du Bois Essays and Papers

contractor on biography resume As used in this subpart “Accrual of a claim” means the date when all events, that fix the alleged liability of either the Government or the contractor and formal/informal essay permit assertion of the claim, were known or should have been known. For liability to web dubois essay, be fixed, some injury must have occurred. However, monetary damages need not have been incurred. “Alternative dispute resolution (ADR)” means any type of procedure or combination of procedures voluntarily used to resolve issues in controversy.

These procedures may include, but are not limited to, conciliation, facilitation, mediation, fact-finding, minitrials, arbitration, and use of ombudsmen. “Defective certification” means a certificate which alters or otherwise deviates from the formal/informal learning, language in 33.207(c) or which is not executed by a person authorized to essay, bind the contractor with respect to the claim. Failure to certify shall not be deemed to learning, be a defective certification. “Issue in web dubois biography essay controversy” means a material disagreement between the Government and the contractor that (1) May result in a claim; or. (2) Is all or part of an existing claim. “Misrepresentation of fact” means a false statement of substantive fact, or any conduct which leads to the belief of a substantive fact material to proper understanding of the matter in hand, made with intent to deceive or mislead. 41 U.S.C. Aphra? chapter 71, Disputes, establishes procedures and requirements for asserting and resolving claims subject to the Disputes statute. Biography? In addition, the Disputes statute provides for (a) The payment of interest on contractor claims; (b) Certification of contractor claims; and. (c) A civil penalty for contractor claims that are fraudulent or based on a misrepresentation of fact. (a) Except as specified in paragraph (b) of this section, this part applies to any express or implied contract covered by the Federal Acquisition Regulation. (b) This subpart does not apply to any contract with (1) A foreign government or agency of that government; or.

(2) An international organization or a subsidiary body of that organization, if the agency head determines that the application of the Disputes statute to the contract would not be in the public interest. (c) This part applies to all disputes with respect to contracting officer decisions on dangerous essay matters “arising under” or “relating to” a contract. Agency Boards of Contract Appeals (BCAs) authorized under the Disputes statute continue to have all of the authority they possessed before the Disputes statute with respect to web dubois essay, disputes arising under a contract, as well as authority to decide disputes relating to a contract. The clause at 52.233-1, Disputes, Disputes, recognizes the “all disputes” authority established by the Disputes statute and states certain requirements and limitations of the Disputes statute for the guidance of contractors and contracting agencies. The clause is genre argumentative not intended to affect the rights and web dubois essay obligations of the argumentative, parties as provided by the Disputes statute or to constrain the authority of the statutory agency BCAs in the handling and deciding of contractor appeals under the Disputes statute. The Government’s policy is to try to resolve all contractual issues in controversy by mutual agreement at the contracting officer’s level. Reasonable efforts should be made to resolve controversies prior to the submission of a claim. Agencies are encouraged to use ADR procedures to the maximum extent practicable. Certain factors, however, may make the use of ADR inappropriate (see 5 U.S.C.

572(b)). Except for arbitration conducted pursuant to the Administrative Dispute Resolution Act (ADRA), (5 U.S.C. 571, et seq .) agencies have authority which is separate from that provided by web dubois, the ADRA to genre argumentative essay, use ADR procedures to resolve issues in controversy. Agencies may also elect to proceed under the authority and requirements of the ADRA. 33.205 Relationship of the Disputes statute to Pub.

L. 85-804. (a) Requests for web dubois biography essay, relief under Public Law 85-804 (50 U.S.C. 1431-1435) are not claims within the Disputes statute or the Disputes clause at 52.233-1, Disputes, and buying an essay shall be processed under Subpart 50.1, Extraordinary Contractual Actions. However, relief formerly available only under Public Law 85-804; i.e., legal entitlement to rescission or reformation for mutual mistake, is now available within the web dubois biography, authority of the contracting officer under the Contract Disputes statute and the Disputes clause. In case of a question whether the contracting officer has authority to settle or decide specific types of claims, the of internet, contracting officer should seek legal advice. (b) A contractor’s allegation that it is entitled to rescission or reformation of its contract in order to essay, correct or mitigate the effect of a mistake shall be treated as a claim under the Disputes statute. A contract may be reformed or rescinded by the contracting officer if the contractor would be entitled to such remedy or relief under the paper, law of Federal contracts. Due to the complex legal issues likely to be associated with allegations of legal entitlement, contracting officers shall make written decisions, prepared with the advice and assistance of legal counsel, either granting or denying relief in whole or in part. (c) A claim that is either denied or not approved in its entirety under paragraph (b) of this section may be cognizable as a request for relief under Public Law 85-804 as implemented by Subpart 50.1. However, the claim must first be submitted to the contracting officer for consideration under the Disputes statute because the claim is not cognizable under Public Law 85-804, as implemented by Subpart 50.1, unless other legal authority in the agency concerned is determined to be lacking or inadequate.

(a) Contractor claims shall be submitted, in writing, to the contracting officer for a decision within 6 years after accrual of a claim, unless the contracting parties agreed to a shorter time period. Web Dubois Biography? This 6-year time period does not apply to contracts awarded prior to October 1, 1995. The contracting officer shall document the contract file with evidence of the date of receipt of any submission from the contractor deemed to be a claim by the contracting officer. (b) The contracting officer shall issue a written decision on any Government claim initiated against a contractor within 6 years after accrual of the description, claim, unless the contracting parties agreed to a shorter time period. The 6-year period shall not apply to biography, contracts awarded prior to buying an essay paper, October 1, 1995, or to a Government claim based on biography essay a contractor claim involving fraud. (a) Contractors shall provide the formal/informal essay, certification specified in biography paragraph (c) of this section when submitting any claim exceeding $100,000.

(b) The certification requirement does not apply to issues in controversy that have not been submitted as all or part of a claim. (c) The certification shall state as follows: I certify that the claim is made in informative good faith; that the supporting data are accurate and complete to biography, the best of my knowledge and belief; that the amount requested accurately reflects the contract adjustment for which the contractor believes the Government is liable; and that I am duly authorized to certify the claim on planning map behalf of the contractor. (d) The aggregate amount of web dubois essay, both increased and behn essays decreased costs shall be used in web dubois determining when the planning, dollar thresholds requiring certification are met (see example in 15.403-4(a)(1)(iii) regarding certified cost or pricing data). (e) The certification may be executed by any person authorized to bind the biography, contractor with respect to the claim. (f) A defective certification shall not deprive a court or an agency BCA of essay planning, jurisdiction over web dubois that claim. Prior to the entry of a final judgment by a court or a decision by argumentative, an agency BCA, however, the court or agency BCA shall require a defective certification to be corrected. (a) The Government shall pay interest on a contractor’s claim on the amount found due and unpaid from the date that (1) The contracting officer receives the claim (certified if required by web dubois biography, 33.207(a)); or.

(2) Payment otherwise would be due, if that date is of internet later, until the date of payment. (b) Simple interest on claims shall be paid at the rate, fixed by the Secretary of the Treasury as provided in the Disputes statute, which is applicable to the period during which the web dubois, contracting officer receives the claim and then at the rate applicable for each 6-month period as fixed by the Treasury Secretary during the of internet essay, pendency of the claim. (See the clause at 52.232-17 for the right of the web dubois biography, Government to collect interest on its claims against essay mind, a contractor.) (c) With regard to claims having defective certifications, interest shall be paid from either the web dubois biography, date that the planning map, contracting officer initially receives the claim or October 29, 1992, whichever is web dubois biography essay later. However, if a contractor has provided a proper certificate prior to October 29, 1992, after submission of a defective certificate, interest shall be paid from the date of receipt by the Government of a proper certificate. 33.209 Suspected fraudulent claims. If the contractor is unable to informative thesis, support any part of the claim and there is evidence that the inability is attributable to misrepresentation of fact or to web dubois biography essay, fraud on the part of the contractor, the contracting officer shall refer the matter to the agency official responsible for investigating fraud. 33.210 Contracting officer’s authority. Except as provided in this section, contracting officers are authorized, within any specific limitations of their warrants, to informative thesis, decide or resolve all claims arising under or relating to a contract subject to the Disputes statute. In accordance with agency policies and 33.214, contracting officers are authorized to use ADR procedures to resolve claims. The authority to decide or resolve claims does not extend to (a) A claim or dispute for web dubois essay, penalties or forfeitures prescribed by paper, statute or regulation that another Federal agency is web dubois biography specifically authorized to formal/informal learning, administer, settle, or determine; or.

(b) The settlement, compromise, payment, or adjustment of any claim involving fraud. 33.211 Contracting officer’s decision. (a) When a claim by or against a contractor cannot be satisfied or settled by mutual agreement and a decision on the claim is necessary, the contracting officer shall (1) Review the facts pertinent to the claim; (2) Secure assistance from legal and other advisors; (3) Coordinate with the contract administration officer or contracting office, as appropriate; and. (4) Prepare a written decision that shall include (i) A description of the claim or dispute; (ii) A reference to the pertinent contract terms; (iii) A statement of the factual areas of agreement and web dubois biography essay disagreement; (iv) A statement of the contracting officer’s decision, with supporting rationale; (v) Paragraphs substantially as follows: “This is the final decision of the Contracting Officer. You may appeal this decision to the agency board of contract appeals. If you decide to appeal, you must, within 90 days from the date you receive this decision, mail or otherwise furnish written notice to the agency board of formal/informal, contract appeals and provide a copy to biography essay, the Contracting Officer from whose decision this appeal is of internet taken. The notice shall indicate that an appeal is intended, reference this decision, and identify the contract by number. With regard to appeals to the agency board of contract appeals, you may, solely at your election, proceed under the web dubois biography essay, board’s (1) Small claim procedure for claims of $50,000 or less or, in the case of a small business concern (as defined in the Small Business Act and regulations under that Act), $150,000 or less; or. (2) Accelerated procedure for claims of $100,000 or less.

Instead of essays, appealing to the agency board of contract appeals, you may bring an action directly in the United States Court of Federal Claims (except as provided in 41 U.S.C. 7102(d), regarding Maritime Contracts) within 12 months of the essay, date you receive this decision”; and. (vi) Demand for payment prepared in accordance with 32.604 and essay planning map 32.605 in all cases where the decision results in a finding that the contractor is biography indebted to the Government. (b) The contracting officer shall furnish a copy of the thesis, decision to the contractor by certified mail, return receipt requested, or by any other method that provides evidence of receipt. This requirement shall apply to decisions on claims initiated by or against web dubois biography, the contractor. (c) The contracting officer shall issue the decision within the following statutory time limitations: (1) For claims of $100,000 or less, 60 days after receiving a written request from the contractor that a decision be rendered within that period, or within a reasonable time after receipt of the claim if the informative, contractor does not make such a request. (2) For claims over essay $100,000, 60 days after receiving a certified claim; provided, however, that if a decision will not be issued within 60 days, the contracting officer shall notify the dangerous essay, contractor, within that period, of the time within which a decision will be issued.

(d) The contracting officer shall issue a decision within a reasonable time, taking into account (1) The size and complexity of the claim; (2) The adequacy of the contractor’s supporting data; and. (3) Any other relevant factors. (e) The contracting officer shall have no obligation to render a final decision on any claim exceeding $100,000 which contains a defective certification, if within 60 days after receipt of the claim, the contracting officer notifies the contractor, in writing, of the reasons why any attempted certification was found to be defective. (f) In the event of undue delay by the contracting officer in rendering a decision on a claim, the contractor may request the tribunal concerned to direct the web dubois biography essay, contracting officer to issue a decision in a specified time period determined by genre essay, the tribunal. (g) Any failure of the contracting officer to issue a decision within the required time periods will be deemed a decision by the contracting officer denying the claim and will authorize the contractor to file an appeal or suit on biography essay the claim. (h) The amount determined payable under the decision, less any portion already paid, should be paid, if otherwise proper, without awaiting contractor action concerning appeal. Planning Mind Map? Such payment shall be without prejudice to the rights of either party. 33.212 Contracting officer’s duties upon appeal. To the extent permitted by any agency procedures controlling contacts with agency BCA personnel, the web dubois biography essay, contracting officer shall provide data, documentation, information, and formal/informal essay support as may be required by the agency BCA for use on a pending appeal from the contracting officer’s decision. 33.213 Obligation to web dubois biography essay, continue performance.

(a) In general, before passage of the Disputes statute, the obligation to genre description argumentative, continue performance applied only to biography, claims arising under a contract. However, the Disputes statute, at 41 U.S.C. 7103(g), authorizes agencies to require a contractor to continue contract performance in accordance with the contracting officer’s decision pending a final resolution of any claim arising under, or relating to, the contract. (A claim arising under a contract is a claim that can be resolved under a contract clause, other than the essays, clause at 52.233-1, Disputes, that provides for the relief sought by the claimant; however, relief for such claim can also be sought under the web dubois essay, clause at buying an essay paper 52.233-1. A claim relating to a contract is a claim that cannot be resolved under a contract clause other than the clause at 52.233-1.) This distinction is recognized by the clause with its Alternate I (see 33.215). (b) In all contracts that include the clause at 52.233-1, Disputes, with its Alternate I, in the event of a dispute not arising under, but relating to, the web dubois essay, contract, the contracting officer shall consider providing, through appropriate agency procedures, financing of the buying, continued performance; provided, that the web dubois biography essay, Government’s interest is properly secured. 33.214 Alternative dispute resolution (ADR). (a) The objective of using ADR procedures is to increase the essay planning, opportunity for relatively inexpensive and expeditious resolution of issues in controversy.

Essential elements of ADR include (1) Existence of an issue in controversy; (2) A voluntary election by both parties to participate in the ADR process; (3) An agreement on alternative procedures and biography essay terms to be used in lieu of formal litigation; and. (4) Participation in the process by officials of both parties who have the authority to resolve the dangerous, issue in controversy. (b) If the contracting officer rejects a contractor’s request for ADR proceedings, the contracting officer shall provide the web dubois biography essay, contractor a written explanation citing one or more of the conditions in 5 U.S.C. 572(b) or such other specific reasons that ADR procedures are inappropriate for the resolution of the dispute. Formal/informal Learning Essay? In any case where a contractor rejects a request of an agency for ADR proceedings, the contractor shall inform the agency in writing of the contractor’s specific reasons for rejecting the request. (c) ADR procedures may be used at any time that the contracting officer has authority to resolve the issue in controversy. If a claim has been submitted, ADR procedures may be applied to all or a portion of the claim. Web Dubois Biography Essay? When ADR procedures are used subsequent to the issuance of genre, a contracting officer’s final decision, their use does not alter any of the time limitations or procedural requirements for filing an appeal of the contracting officer’s final decision and does not constitute a reconsideration of the final decision.

(d) When appropriate, a neutral person may be used to facilitate resolution of the issue in web dubois biography controversy using the planning mind, procedures chosen by web dubois biography, the parties. (e) The confidentiality of ADR proceedings shall be protected consistent with 5 U.S.C. 574. (f)(1) A solicitation shall not require arbitration as a condition of award, unless arbitration is otherwise required by law. Contracting officers should have flexibility to select the appropriate ADR procedure to resolve the issues in formal/informal learning essay controversy as they arise. (2) An agreement to use arbitration shall be in writing and shall specify a maximum award that may be issued by the arbitrator, as well as any other conditions limiting the range of possible outcomes.

(g) Binding arbitration, as an ADR procedure, may be agreed to only as specified in biography essay agency guidelines. Such guidelines shall provide advice on the appropriate use of planning, binding arbitration and web dubois when an agency has authority to settle an issue in controversy through binding arbitration. (a) Insert the clause at 52.233-1, Disputes, in of internet solicitations and contracts, unless the conditions in 33.203(b) apply. If it is determined under agency procedures that continued performance is necessary pending resolution of biography, any claim arising under or relating to argumentative, the contract, the contracting officer shall use the clause with its Alternate I. (b) Insert the clause at 52.233-4 in web dubois biography essay all solicitations and contracts.